Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

Trash on the road leads to death of German tourist in Samui

Trash on the road leads to death of German tourist in Samui

Samui.PNG

Image: Daily News

A German tourist was thrown from his motorcycle after hitting a patch of wet trash left by a refuse truck on a sharp bend in Samui yesterday.

Dead at the scene was 48 year old Thomas Oscar Brandt. He had skidded on the slippery road surface and been thrown from his Honda Click into a sign indicating the bend positioned off the road.

Another motorist found him alive but by the time medics arrived he was dead. He had suffered head trauma and was bleeding from the ear.

The accident happened on the road between Chaweng and Lamai.

Another local motor cyclist who had skidded on the same spot earlier said the rubbish had probably fallen off the back of a refuse truck.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-21

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

e had suffered head trauma and was bleeding from the ear.

No real helmet ? RIP. 

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

This is Thailand, nobody is responsible for anything.

How often I have seen stuff coming off trucks and flying out of the back of pickup trucks... And nobody cares.

Or how often have I seen pieces of tires and boxes lying on the extra lane of the highway where motorbikes are supposed to drive... nobody cares.

Till it goes wrong of course, then the family of the deceased cares but nobody else.

How often.... probably once but still enough to make you believe that it happens all the time everywherr in thailand and no where else on earth.

• Like 2

RIP... need to be aware more than normal... too many reports like this in the news...

How often.... probably once but still enough to make you believe that it happens all the time everywherr in thailand and no where else on earth.

I presume you either dont drive at all or never venture between large cities.

I normally already spot 3 exploded truck tires (large pieces of it) on the side of the road before leaving the island of Phuket. It is worse on the roads between cities.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

How many times have you yourself stopped and picked up rubbish on a road ?

never and do you want to know why,in over 30yrs.i have never ridden a BIKE,and my car has only 4,300 on the clock,that is after 5yrs.of use.

• Like 2