ALMAMASTER

Best area / zone / neighborhood to live in CM

1. Get a good map of the area to get to know what roads lead to what areas. 2. Rent or buy look at a number of real estate agents such as chiangmaihouse.com or chiangmaiproperties.co.th. 3.You need to decide how close you want to live to the city, what you are willing to pay and the lifestyle you require. Only you can decide this.

First of all, let me apologize to those of you that I seem to have so badly offended by my use of the word  " DUDE "  after someone first referred to me as a dude.

Secondly, I should  have worded my original question better, however I was not just looking for the best area for me to live. Rather I was hoping to hear from a variety of people of different ages and life styles in order to get a better feel for all the different areas of the city.

Thirdly, to those of you that seem to think it's humorous to point out that I have Diabetes, 

it would seem that the Buddhism thing has not rubbed of on you much, has it ?

Lastly your going to have to try a lot harder than that to hurt my feelings.

• Like 2

Address: 8/11 Nimmanhemin Rd ., Suthep, Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand 50200

0-5335-7000, 0-5335-7227

sorry couldn't resist ...anyways OP 

All of Chiangmai is great ..check it all out . 

download.jpg

• Like 2

+Macthehat  LOL  That was a good one. Thank you. I have found my Coffee Shop in CM. I shall forever be known as the Chiang Mai Dude. Can't wait to get there, and tell all the pretty little Thai girls  " How do you do, my name is  Dude.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Please stay where you are pleaseeeeee.

Best reply yet .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Anyone else get a strange private message from this dude?

I did not and I feel hurt and left out.

1 hour ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Yes, I've had a dudish message from the dude.  Made as much sense as his posts!

16 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Since the OP requests help regarding relocation to Chiang Mai but will not help us help him; Here is the OP’s background based on his posts in other threads on TV!

(I am no good at making multi quotes from other threads!)

Quotes from the OP’s earlier posts asking for help;

Quote One;

Originally from the U.S.A. and still hold a valid passport from there, however I am in and have resided in Costa Rica for the past 11 years and have legal residency here. I am 60 years old. I am not going into all the details but I expect to have enough cash in the bank sometime in the future to meet the retirement visa requirements. I was hoping to live on about $800 a month for now, until I become eligible for Social Security, as well as earn some money working online, at which time that figure would go up.

Quote Two;

(I will) try and live in Thailand for the next year or two until such time as I am able to meet the requirements for a Retirement Visa.

From Other quotes;

Appears to have type two Diabetes and has asked about the costs of basic medication for its treatment.

I will make no further comment!

Thank you for doing this research, ScottieJohn.  I'd definitely encourage this Dude to stay where he is or consider someplace closer to the U.S. for his retirement so it's easier to get himself back to take advantage of Medicare when he reaches age 65 and has the inevitable medical crisis.  

We already have too many old dudes with health problems here in Chiang Mai living on the edge financially.  Why do you think there's the need for Lanna Care Net?  They don't want any more customers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

yes

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

I'd definitely encourage this Dude to stay where he is or consider someplace closer to the U.S. for his retirement so it's easier to get himself back to take advantage of Medicare when he reaches age 65 and has the inevitable medical crisis.  

We already have too many old dudes with health problems here in Chiang Mai living on the edge financially.  Why do you think there's the need for Lanna Care Net?  They don't want any more customers

When I saw the Dudes previous posts, especially asking the costs of diabetic medicines and problems raising the retirement finances,  I thought it worth making my post above.

You have made the statement I was hinting at.

• Like 1

Did I miss something , do we have a Dudemeister in our midst?

Back to subject - 2 things to look at the general area, distances , facilities etc.

and the immediate area, neighbours, noises, traffic etc

Have to admit quite like living in the centre of town. Also have a house outside of town, good if you like the quiet but not often you get visitors like in town.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

I got a polite PM from the OP, nothing strange about it. Perhaps it's you that is strange.

• Like 2