Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

"Power of Love" children's home ordered shut in Hua Hin

"Power of Love" children's home ordered shut in Hua Hin

ex.jpg

Picture: ThaiPBS

HUA HIN: -- The "Power of Love" children's home in Hua Hin has been ordered shut temporarily after it was found to be operating without a license.

The seven male children residing in the two story property have been taken into government care, reported ThaiPBS.

The closure follows the shutting of a home for runaway children last week after a Thai man was accused of molesting a 12 year old girl. That property also did not have a valid license.

Local officials moved to shut the "Power of Love" despite the manager saying that a license was being applied for. TPBS said that the facility caters to boys aged 6 - 14. There were seven in residence when the authorities arrived.

The children will be looked after elsewhere while the license arrangements are completed.

The facility is in foreign ownership.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the Power of Lower children's home told Surf 102.5FM in Hua Hin that the home was already registered but was one license short and is working with officials to ensure they have the correct licenses in place.

"It's the fact is we have one more children than we should have and when you go above this number it takes another licence", the spokesperson confirmed in a message.

Source: ThaiPBS

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-23

Posted (edited)

it should be illegal to make christian orphanages and universities in Thailand. christian missioners  (especially those of protestant charismatic cults) broke the  balance which was archived by hundreds of years of evolution in South Korea, Philippines, African countries, now they are trying to do the same with Thailand.

white man, why can't you keep your protestant Christianity for yourself? why you are trying to contaminate others with it? look at Thailand, it's so happy without your guilt  manipulation, which you call faith.

Edited by Matt96
  • Like 2

Whats disturbing is that these " homes" are allowed to open without the corrrect licenses and seemingly by foreigners ( or Thais for that matter) who might have no authority to care for orphans .So where are the controls ? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Matt96 said:

it should be illegal to make christian orphanages and universities in Thailand. christian missioners  (especially those of protestant charismatic cults) broke the  balance which was archived by hundreds of years of evolution in South Korea, Philippines, African countries, now they are trying to do the same with Thailand.

white man, why can't you keep your protestant Christianity for yourself? why you are trying to contaminate others with it? look at Thailand, it's so happy without your guilt  manipulation, which you call faith.

It's not just 'white man' that does this.... Some of the most crazy devoted Christian people I have met have been black! 

• Like 1

Just now, jak2002003 said:

It's not just 'white man' that does this.... Some of the most crazy devoted Christian people I have met have been black! 

sure. it's known for centuries that novices are the most orthodox...

11 hours ago, Matt96 said:

I'm no Christian but if help is truly being offered then it should be taken, i doubt children of that age are being indoctrinated but if so then Thai charities could step in and indoctrinate with Buddhism, where are they? Foreigners can only move in where there is a void and a need.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I'm no Christian but if help is truly being offered then it should be taken, i doubt children of that age are being indoctrinated but if so then Thai charities could step in and indoctrinate with Buddhism, where are they? Foreigners can only move in where there is a void and a need.

if its just help why don't you take the cross out of sign and stop children indoctrination?

young age is the best for indoctrination. 99% of people never change faith which they were indoctrinated with in childhood.

there are Buddhist orphanages but they don't get finances from foreign organizations whose one and only goal is to convert Thailand to Christianity to make one more source of their profit out of it.

why can't you "step in" at home and let Thai people run their own country? because your religion forces you to spread it, same as rabies forces an infected dog to spread it by biting others.

Christianity is religion of fear and guilt manipulation.

Edited by Matt96
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, geisha said:

Whats disturbing is that these " homes" are allowed to open without the corrrect licenses and seemingly by foreigners ( or Thais for that matter) who might have no authority to care for orphans .So where are the controls ? 

This home did have licenses, one more was needed (and applied for) because of the extra child.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I don't want to sound rude... but if you can go and visit one of these Christian 'orphanages' (if they let you in.. as they want to hide everything), you will see the children are very much indoctrinated... and also treated like commodities... the children bring in the money.

Around my area there are many such places.  The children are treated like prisoners..  kept shut up inside the homes... which all have huge gates and tall walls.  When the are allowed out.. it's only to take them to Church on Sunday.  Driving past the homes I often see the children sitting on the floor being made to sing Christian hymns on most days... and always praying or saying grace before getting their food. 

The children live in the most basic conditions... while the home missionary owners live in big houses and drive brand new pick up trucks... paid for by fellow Christians overseas donating money to 'help the poor orphaned children'.....most of which actually have parents but are basically stolen from them... their parents being poor hill tribe people with no transport to even visit the home. 

These places are nothing more than a business.. a way to get a visa, a way for crazy religious nuts to spread their cult, and at worst a way to sexually and physically abuse vulnerable children, with little chance of any repercussions as the Thai police and society like to turn a blind eye. 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I don't want to sound rude... but if you can go and visit one of these Christian 'orphanages' (if they let you in.. as they want to hide everything), you will see the children are very much indoctrinated... and also treated like commodities... the children bring in the money.

Around my area there are many such places.  The children are treated like prisoners..  kept shut up inside the homes... which all have huge gates and tall walls.  When the are allowed out.. it's only to take them to Church on Sunday.  Driving past the homes I often see the children sitting on the floor being made to sing Christian hymns on most days... and always praying or saying grace before getting their food. 

The children live in the most basic conditions... while the home missionary owners live in big houses and drive brand new pick up trucks... paid for by fellow Christians overseas donating money to 'help the poor orphaned children'.....most of which actually have parents but are basically stolen from them... their parents being poor hill tribe people with no transport to even visit the home. 

These places are nothing more than a business.. a way to get a visa, a way for crazy religious nuts to spread their cult, and at worst a way to sexually and physically abuse vulnerable children, with little chance of any repercussions as the Thai police and society like to turn a blind eye. 

If this is true then i stand corrected,that of course should be stopped,

• Like 1