boike

Cheapest (safe) way to send USA credit card to Thailand (Pattaya)

Any advice please on this topic.

USPS wants to charge $61.

Tia

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CaptHaddock said:

USPS International First Class mail should cost about $6. 

Yes, every time I've had a credit card sent from the US, it was sent by regular airmail. No problem. All have been received.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Yes, every time I've had a credit card sent from the US, it was sent by regular airmail. No problem. All have been received.

There is no international mail service from USPS called "airmail."  Probably you sent is International First Class.

https://www.usps.com/international/mail-shipping-services.htm

Did OP mean UPS (United Parcel Service) or USPS (United States Postal Service)?  The $61 fee appears to be a charge that UPS would make - I have used Fed Ex to send important documents and credit cards to me and as I recall, the fee was around $60.

My cc provider used FEDEX overnight.  'Course it didn't arrive overnight (it took 5 days, incl a weekend), but it cost me nothing and I was able to track it, even incl its progress within Thailand.  The delivery service used was the cc provider's choice and not my option.

Regular Air Mail. Make sure new card is not activated before you send...if it disappears in transit not an issue. If I remember it cost me about $25 bucks. 

30 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

Did OP mean UPS (United Parcel Service) or USPS (United States Postal Service)?  The $61 fee appears to be a charge that UPS would make - I have used Fed Ex to send important documents and credit cards to me and as I recall, the fee was around $60.

USPS does have a sooper-dooper service that will cost $61. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

There is no international mail service from USPS called "airmail."  Probably you sent is International First Class.

https://www.usps.com/international/mail-shipping-services.htm

" Probably you sent is International First Class."

Actually I don't send mail to myself.

The person who sends them to me has done so over the last 40 years while I've been living and working out of the US. During that time there was indeed international airmail service from the US. It only ended as a designation in 1995. So I have received credit cards sent to me by airmail from the US and, despite the change in USPS terminology, the cards are still sent in airmail envelopes and travel most of the distance by air.

1 minute ago, Suradit69 said:

" Probably you sent is International First Class."

Actually I don't send mail to myself.

The person who sends them to me has done so over the last 40 years while I've been living and working out of the US. During that time there was indeed international airmail service from the US. It only ended as a designation in 1995. So I have received credit cards sent to me by airmail from the US and, despite the change in USPS terminology, the cards are still sent in airmail envelopes and travel most of the distance by air.

And obsolete mailing options from twenty years ago are relevant to the OP's question how exactly?

• Like 1

i have mine sent via regular air mail in a birthday card or such,

never lost one in 30 + years, just got 2 of the last month, postage was like $2.50 from Ca.

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2