Thailand Forum
webfact

Pattaya boomtown - Russian and Chinese "quality tourists" flooding back as resort becomes hub of Sport Tourism, claims TAT

wirat69    724

Would have had a little credibility if it were accompanied by occupancy rates published by Pattaya Hotel Association!!!! 

It it is just puffery!!

• Like 2

fish monger    481

I suppose they need to justify their paychecks somehow. Even if it is with lies.

Howiehotspur    14

I live on pratamak Hill 

yes there are hordes of Chinese turning up in coach after coach and walking up to see the big Buddha.... what do they spend ? .... nothing ......., traffic is horrendous, roads are now in a shocking state , pollution  Forgetaboutit ! , it's true that up here the residents are mainly Russian , but being low Season the ' cosy beach ' which is normally quite crowded ( with Russians ) is nearly deserted this time of year , sure the weather hasn't been to good of late , but regardless there's nobody ' flocking ' or spending here .... 

and they are still building about 4-5 new condo blocks that will with about 3-4 already built remain empty . 

• Like 1

cardinalblue    1,052
Posted (edited)

I surely doubt international tourists are coming to thailand for running races.

now if the races were sprints, then maybe due to their reputation from running away from auto accidents...

Edited by cardinalblue

Kabula    1,131

They are all quality tourists until they are arrested or die from at fault motor vehicle accidents, and suicides.

I always enjoy hearing Thai citizens yelling; "go home," at the Chinese that block the sidewalks and the streets.

A day will come when we will not be able to see most of the ocean views as tourist boats will be cover most of it, and a million Chinese standing, on the Pattaya sidewalk, waiting to board boats.

LOL.....:post-4641-1156694005:

Thechook    9,350
14 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Yeah, yeah, right, sure.... you bet

If they want to be a sports hub, clean up the water (perhaps the filthy water is part of being "medical hub?). Make broad even sidewalks for those who might wish to jog? A few jogging trails, with enough posts to discourage becoming motorbike path? Low wires, signs, etc can really hurt when head hits them at jogging speed.... just some suggestions

Mate, geez you would never get anything done in Thailand.  Do you have a pen?  Try this, change jogging trail to obstacle course.  Now that wasn't to hard and it fits right in to the world sporting hub, Pattaya 

• Like 1

JSixpack    3,215
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

In English it is BARE faced lies. 

No it isn't. Besides, TVF isn't a Brit colony, believe it or not.

Enuff w/ the grammar police--or else!!!

Edited by JSixpack

monspencer    159
29 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

That beach in the photo does not look like Pattaya to me.

Nor Wongamat.

Nor Jomtien.

Nor Najomtien.

I wonder where the picture was taken... :whistling:

It's a major beach on Koh Larn. Have you never been to Koh Larn?

I was there on that same beach about a month ago, first time in about 3 years. I have to say that it was ruined by the number of Chinese there, having their photos taken just like the one here, and following their group leaders all over the place.

loong    1,688

Funny that Thailand doesn't describe them as "affluent" tourist but seemingly automatically deem them as "quality" if they have more money.

Then they show the "quality" tourists on a beach where I don't see them spending any money. Of course the boat operators will love them.

• Like 1

JSixpack    3,215
9 minutes ago, Howiehotspur said:

yes there are hordes of Chinese turning up in coach after coach and walking up to see the big Buddha.... what do they spend ? .... nothing .......,

How much would they need to spend at the Big Buddha temple to compete w/ the sums spent there by the Golden Egg Layers, those economic powerhouses who stay in the fleabags around Soi Buakhao?

JSixpack    3,215
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, loong said:

Funny that Thailand doesn't describe them as "affluent" tourist but seemingly automatically deem them as "quality" if they have more money.

Then they show the "quality" tourists on a beach where I don't see them spending any money. Of course the boat operators will love them.

Are there any places other than that beach where they might spend money while you're not looking?

Edited by JSixpack

loong    1,688
11 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Are there any places other than that beach where they might spend money while you're not looking?

If there are, maybe that would be a better photo to use to demonstrate that they are "quality" tourists

• Like 1

blackjack69    13

You have to laugh,  Quality Chinese, visiting Koh Larn Tawaen Beach, spending money, the only places they visit and eat are all owned by Chinese ! ! 

• Like 1