BANGKOK 21 November 2018 17:36
Mobi

It’s Mobi from Blighty! – 2 June 2017

Thankyou Mr. Mobi, that blog has a huge amount of rainy day reading.

I for one will enjoy but i dont think the typical tv'ers will go much on it as they cant offer their own..err... feedback !

• Like 2

Thanks for the truth. Enjoyed your report. Hope things only improve from here. Onward and upward, mate. 

Glad to see your settling back in Mobi...

..err... Rutland Water is technically a reservoir not a lake, even going on the generic 'body of fresh water' definition it's only 4.86 square miles compared to something like Lough Neagh which is 147.87 square miles, although I'm sure it makes for a nice day out.

Edited by onthesoi

Interesting read Mobi, thanks for sharing.

Good for for you that you go home in the summertime and not in the depressing wintertime.

Thx Mobi.

Interesting and informative re your trip details . Must be many others who are -or need to be- prepared for such a return and getting info such as about upgrading the pension, free meds and bus pass etc. useful to know.

Keep it going and take care with the health!

Mobi, very glad to see that you got back to England safely. 

Your blog and photos bring back memories of my childhood - I grew up in that area and (showing my age), I remember the day before Rutland Water (or Empingham Reservoir as it was first called), even existed.  I used to cycle around the country roads that are now many feet under water.

Please keep the forum up to date with how things go in the UK.

A piece of friendly advice: After your latest blog post, I wouldn't plan on making too many visits to the Thai Embassy or Consulates in the UK. Or, you might find yourself back in Thailand a lot sooner than you might have expected!  :ph34r:

By the way, you would have been interested in the latest news about Army soldiers raiding a couple of art galleries here. Would have fit very well into your narrative>

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/06/16/soldiers-remove-artworks-bangkok-gallery/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Interesting to see your views. I hope that social media in Thailand can be used by enough of the younger parts of society for it to be a force for good. The fortunes of all countries go through a series of peaks and troughs. I hope that there is underlying progress which, over time, results in improvements in living standards for all.

A post has been removed as it contains what is now possibly a dangerous link

On 6/2/2017 at 4:24 PM, NanLaew said:

Well done that man!

And again.