Mobi

It’s Mobi from Blighty! – 2 June 2017

Mobes - One thing I was thinking, and don't take this the wrong way, but ref your family joining you in the UK, given your age and health, or lack of it, now and previously, what would happen to them if you keeled over and called it a day? Do you have a contingency in place for them, or would it be the first plane back to the jungle?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

Mobes - One thing I was thinking, and don't take this the wrong way, but ref your family joining you in the UK, given your age and health, or lack of it, now and previously, what would happen to them if you keeled over and called it a day? Do you have a contingency in place for them, or would it be the first plane back to the jungle?

LOL, can't wait to see the response!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

OK  Mobi,

I will send again tomorrow from another e-mail account.

Thanks for you patience

TP

Am I the only one on the edge of my seat, wondering whether the message finally got through? 

Edited by norrska
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, norrska said:

Am I the only one on the edge of my seat, wondering whether the message finally got through? 

image.png.dc239b886fe221562641bb6fe4f0d568.png

It's been sent at 4.30 am UK time...don't know if he has it though.

Try not to get too worked up about it though.

Mobi and I have a friendship going back 10 years and have met on more than one occassion...the e-mail is no big deal

21 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

OK  Mobi,

I will send again tomorrow from another e-mail account.

Thanks for you patience

TP

Got it!!

20 hours ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

No, it won't be back to the jungle. The longer I live the better it will be for her, but whenever I pop my clogs, she will be able to see out her visa, and if I live for another 4 1/2 years, she will have indefinite leave to remain.

She will also inherit my money and she will get a widows pension, based on my state pension, in addition to her salary. She will have additional rights because of our daughter who I am in the process of adopting which will entitle her a UK passport and the right to live here.

The next 5 years are critical, as after that she will be home and free, but if the worst comes to the worst I think she will be OK - especially as she will have the strong support of my family who can help guide her through the red tape.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mobi said:

Got it!!

BANZAI!

image.png.5e050843f2fb9aa8e18a90a653af7c06.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, norrska said:

BANZAI!

image.png.5e050843f2fb9aa8e18a90a653af7c06.png

Just for your benefit - I have now replied.😁

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mobi said:

Just for your benefit - I have now replied.😁

Wow instantaneous, impressive.  BTW, I hear alot of Brits complain about immigrants feeding off the social welfare system. Your particular case isn't about refugees, but isn't what you are doing(bringing in additional potential claimants) analagous to the refugee situation in terms of costs?  I am assuming you are not paying taxes, and yet you are bringing in foreigners who get full benefits of the  social welfare system.  Is this economically sustainable and is this ethical? What if a hypothetical guy did this with 5 or 6 different sets of "relatives"?  Would the system break down?  Don't get angry as I am just wondering, as this type of question is asked many times, even by politicians and the electorate.  Maybe you have a good answer and perspective, as you were unable to get medical coverage overseas? 

Edited by norrska
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Off topic posts have been removed.

21 hours ago, Mobi said:

No, it won't be back to the jungle. The longer I live the better it will be for her, but whenever I pop my clogs, she will be able to see out her visa, and if I live for another 4 1/2 years, she will have indefinite leave to remain.

She will also inherit my money and she will get a widows pension, based on my state pension, in addition to her salary. She will have additional rights because of our daughter who I am in the process of adopting which will entitle her a UK passport and the right to live here.

The next 5 years are critical, as after that she will be home and free, but if the worst comes to the worst I think she will be OK - especially as she will have the strong support of my family who can help guide her through the red tape.

Cheers Mobi, and thanks for taking it in the spirit it was meant, it says a lot about you.

All the best , mate.

PS: Spurs still the bridesmaids then :-)

On 5/22/2018 at 3:21 PM, Mobi said:

Without wishing to tempt providence, if you should pass away well before your due date, and before your wife can apply for ILR via the normal route, she could apply for ILR immediately following your demise.

I sincerely hope this route won't be necessary, but it's worth putting in the pack.  visas-partner-dies

Are you still off the sauce Mobi?