BANGKOK 17 November 2018 13:23
Mobi

It’s Mobi from Blighty! – 2 June 2017

On 5/29/2018 at 8:48 AM, Johnniey said:

Are you still off the sauce Mobi?

Yes. haven't touched a drop since January 1st, 2011.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Lovely to see all the pictures and happy that you have all settled in nicely.

It's just a shame about your health, take it easy and stay as well as you can buddy

Edited by ThaiPauly
spelling

Glad to see everything is working out for you, pictures look great

Hope your health improves, that would certainly round off an otherwise great repatriation

So nice to see Lek & Song thriving there with you Moby. You have surely helped

their futures & options.

Really hope your health improves!

Also so nice to now have merged your past & future family wise.

Best way forward!

15 hours ago, Mobi said:

15 hours ago, Mobi said:

I’m still alive and kicking – but only just… (31st August 2018)

20180724_170227.jpg

Mobi-Babble (31st August 2018)

Apologies for the long silence which hasn’t been down to anything except my procrastination and, quite frankly, the lack of anything to write about that might be of interest to my widely scattered readers.

Back in Thailand there always seemed to be something I could kick off about or rail against, but here, in the land of democratic civilised behaviour there is little to stir the writing passions – either in my own life or within this beautiful country.

And I ain’t about to hold forth on Brexit - the less said about that the better!

Probably the most exciting thing that has happened in Sunny Oakham in the past few weeks was ....

To read more, please go to:

https://mobithailand.com/    

Note: As my website/blog is 100% non-commercial - no ads whatsoever.  Although the content is UK related, it may be of interest to my friends in Thailand who may be considering a similar move back to their home country; and also to those on Thai Visa who have asked me to let them know how things are going...

•  

Pleased it’s going so well for you.

We’ve been back in the US close to 18 months now, with a little Thai vacation over the winter.

Now Mrs G had gone to college in Chicago many moons ago so it wasn’t like she was entering a totally alien land, but like you I’ve been so happy how well everything went.

If you do go back to Thailand on vacation, if it’s anything like me, you actually like the country again just like the first time you saw it all those years ago, but you get back on a plane and  return to reality before the craziness of the place kicks in.

We have talked a lot since we’ve been back about how we wished we had done this many years ago. My stepson who also ended up at college in Chicago I think would have had a much easier time had we got him out of Thai schools and into a US school at least by Middle School..

Water under the bridge for us, but your daughter will thank you for her escape from the horrors of Thai education 

Edited by GinBoy2

always wonderful to read your posts Mobi- i looked at your blog- being from Derby i know lots of that places you post about . Good luck and health

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Always interesting to read your posts/blog Mobi , great info for others who are thinking of returning home with their Thai family.
Indeed your wife and step daughter seem to be “ living the dream “ and appear to have adapted very well !!
Hopefully the coming winter months will not dampen their enjoyment of Blighty, they have had a taster of the shape of things to come so will not be too dismayed at a typical English winter !

I wish you and your family well and hope that your health improves so you can enjoy all the uk has to offer to it’s full extent .

• Like 2

We've had a very similar experience to Mobi, with some caveats.

We moved back to the US over a year ago and my regret is we didn't do it sooner.

Now our son had moved to the US almost six years ago when he went to college, and now lives quite close to us. My wife had also lived in the US when she went to college, so it was a very easy transition for us

When I read Mobi's blog I'm very happy that he managed to take his wife and her daughter into a totally alien culture and make a success of it