Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Rimmer

Pattaya confirms big changes for beach chair vendors

Outstanding. Maybe those scum should have used their pea brains and NOT threatened tourist who were sitting to close to them on public land. That made the media big time and started there demise

Great news

• Like 1

On 10/06/2017 at 0:16 PM, pegman said:

The chair vendor on Jomtien Beach I have gone to for years have been there over 30 years. Which I would think was long before you came along. Thailand has hundreds of miles of isolated beaches. Why the hell did you not choose to settle by one of them? 

Maybe because wherever tourists will settle , chair vendor will pop up  like bees on flowers.

• Like 1

angy    9

the replies to this topic are quite all from people related to the chair business, only that people like the beach in the crazy way with the mouses colonizing the beach in the night using the parked chairs as home.

KittenKong    8,420
10 hours ago, Chivas said:

Congrats pattaya you have achieved the objective of removing the last few expats in pattaya who enjoy the beaches daytimes, these clowns in charge will wake up one morning with the place totally shut down.

Perhaps the arrangement in Ban Amphur would suit you better?

I see no reason why it could not be implemented on Jomtien and Pattaya beaches.

Chivas    627
13 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Perhaps the arrangement in Ban Amphur would suit you better?

I see no reason why it could not be implemented on Jomtien and Pattaya beaches.

what....??  in addition dont selectively edit my posts in future thank you

chickenslegs    3,640
On 6/10/2017 at 11:28 AM, mikebell said:

Right that's that sorted, now for the taximeters.

Not even on the radar - unfortunately.

Bastos60    144
On 2017-6-10 at 5:08 AM, petermik said:

ezzra

We are in thailand where reasoning and common sense do not exist,hence the new rules........the only people to blame for this are the beach vendors (mafia) themselves,the beaches here belong to the King and for people to enjoy not for a bunch of crooks to use as an exclusive  cash machine :thumbsup:

The beach belongs to the people. And the people are renting out space on that beach. 

KittenKong    8,420
19 hours ago, Chivas said:

what....??  in addition dont selectively edit my posts in future thank you

As I mentioned, the beach in Ban Amphur is quite well organised with one section for deckchairs and commerce and another larger section that is entirely natural (apart from a path). Perhaps you would find that arrangement suitable? I do.

I didnt quote the rest of your post because I wasnt related to what I was replying to.

KittenKong    8,420
6 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

The beach belongs to the people.

Not in Thailand.

bbi1    549
9 hours ago, bobobo said:

Who wants to pack a blanket, a pillow,  and other stuff in a rucksack just to go to the beach ? And have a lot sand to take care of in the condo...Yes it's 40 baht..but sometimes I just take a walk and  suddenly decide to sit on the beach with a cold drink.. I don't understand what the problem is..

Is it only 40 baht to rent one of those beach chairs? I thought they were about 100 baht?

Chivas    627
6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Is it only 40 baht to rent one of those beach chairs? I thought they were about 100 baht?

40 baht bottom sois 4/5 on pattaya beach.....one or two others are 50

Chivas    627
16 hours ago, bobobo said:

Who wants to pack a blanket, a pillow,  and other stuff in a rucksack just to go to the beach ? And have a lot sand to take care of in the condo...Yes it's 40 baht..but sometimes I just take a walk and  suddenly decide to sit on the beach with a cold drink.. I don't understand what the problem is..

nailed it mate.....the buffoons running pattaya will wake up shortly when theres no one else left and think what went wrong.....absolutely clueless......can you IMAGINE this same scenario on any Med Beach they'd look at you and think you've escaped from an asylum

Sooo Upto Me    1,100
On 2017-6-15 at 9:34 AM, bbi1 said:

That's the black /blue plastic ones in Jomtien.

A pillow? Really?
There are countless tourist hot spots the world over without deck chairs.
They are still packed with tourists. You just take a beach towel and a book and that's it! Shake the towel when finished and roll it up and your done

So much drama on TV.