heybruce

Anyone else having internet problems?

21 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

My 3BB has been down since early afternoon.  I called and they said they had unspecified equipment problems affecting the Suthep area  They couldn't give me an estimate for getting internet back.

In addition, my usually reliable 3G backup has been up and down all day.  Is that a coincidence, or is there some kind of problem affecting all internet in the area?

ID: 2   Posted

I`m on 3BB, no problems here in Hang Dong.

ID: 3   Posted

True seemed to have problems yesterday, both Hang Dong and city area

ID: 4   Posted

gateway fibre tests being carried out.

ID: 5   Posted

Fiber tests might explain my 3G problems.  3BB is back up after being out for 24 hours, hopefully it will stay up.

ID: 6   Posted

17 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I`m on 3BB, no problems here in Hang Dong.

+1

ID: 7   Posted

That's nothing.  The MIL has been without her landline for over five days.  Apparently she's 510 in the queue for it to be fixed.  

ID: 8   Posted

No more than usual.

TVF is slow to load, but that is normal.

I'm off Loi Kroh Rd- hotel wifi.

ID: 9   Posted

22 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

That's nothing.  The MIL has been without her landline for over five days.  Apparently she's 510 in the queue for it to be fixed.  

It's exactly that reason why I refused to get internet in the house.

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

Fiber tests might explain my 3G problems.  3BB is back up after being out for 24 hours, hopefully it will stay up.

I posted too soon; I lost internet again less than an hour after posting.  It's back up, once again I hope it will stay that way.

I had constant problems with 3BB going down where I live on 121 just south of San Sai.  Switched to AIS fiber optic 2 months ago.  Not a single problem since then. 

6 hours ago, flare said:

I was having 3BB problems last month (these issues were obviously not related to my modem or computer)- I called them, and a tech was sent out within hours who checked the main junction box in my neighborhood (two streets away from my house), determined it had a fault, and swapped it out- no problems since then.

Give 'em a call- they'll send someone out- I've been very happy with 3BB tech support over the many years I've been using them (slipping the guy 100b helps a lot- I can now call the local technician directly, which really speeds things up).

I made a total of three calls over 24 hours, each time I was told there were unspecified power problems in the Suthep area.  I have no idea how this could cause the internet to come up for brief periods then go down for extended periods. 

Internet has been back up for almost 24 hours now, hopefully the problem has been resolved.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I had constant problems with 3BB going down where I live on 121 just south of San Sai.  Switched to AIS fiber optic 2 months ago.  Not a single problem since then. 

Same here in Sanpuloei, 3BB would be OK for some time, then slow, then sluggish, then back to normal and so on... Switched to AIS Fiber out of frustration, and so far so good.

Phil

ID: 15   Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, heybruce said:

I made a total of three calls over 24 hours, each time I was told there were unspecified power problems in the Suthep area.  I have no idea how this could cause the internet to come up for brief periods then go down for extended periods. 

Internet has been back up for almost 24 hours now, hopefully the problem has been resolved.

CAT: six hours after determining the fault by the technician, nothing was done.

Edited by KKr