Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Video: Who is to blame for this? Lucky escape for couple on expressway

Video: Who is to blame for this? Lucky escape for couple on expressway

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- The world of social media was abuzz yesterday after a dash cam clip of an accident was posted on Facebook.

It showed a couple driving in the right lane quite slowly who then pulled across to the left to seemingly allow a Mercedes Benz to pass.

But instead of passing the clearly upset driver just cut in front of the car with the dash cam and forced it to come to a halt.

Seconds later a large truck comes from behind and sideswipes the car causing damage.

The Benz drives off at speed leaving the driver of the damaged car furious.

The footage showed the car catching up with the truck but nothing more.

The poster said it was lucky that they were not killed.

The incident happened on the Ram Intra Expressway in Bangkok on the Sunday and was posted on Facebook under the name Warawan Niruntasuk.

Thai Rath said that expressway police had not received a report of this accident and the poster of the clip could not be contacted.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-15

I doubt the truck can brake on time since this is expressway. Luckily the truck driver managed to veer off to the right lane on time. The dashcam driver could have crashed on the Benz for braking for no reason.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thais being Thais.  No one to blame, Karma.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Typical Thai driving see this sort of thing, or almost, every time we drive around Bangkok, they either do not know the highway side or ignore it. They have little common sense and no consideration, the only rule they drive by is me first, I have even seen accidents in car parks.

Actually, back in the west. car parks are one of the places that according to insurance companies where accidents occur the most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

When people spend so much money on the MB then see in the cinema or if they go on holiday the same make and model being used as a taxi especialy in Germany is it any surprise they get bad tempered. I cover mine during the day and only drive it at night to save any embarrassment.

Just another 'I am entitled' because of my car.

??????

1 hour ago, shady86 said:

I doubt the truck can brake on time since this is expressway. Luckily the truck driver managed to veer off to the right lane on time. The dashcam driver could have crashed on the Benz for braking for no reason.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I don't think so! In addition anyone can fabricate a reason for stopping.

1 hour ago, nasanews said:

It was the dash cam car driver fault to swerve to the far right then stopping on busy lane of the left side. 

Are you OK? Swerve? The 'dashcam' car eased normally to the right. He should have gone to centre lane but 'hogging' the right lane is a very minor offence here.

As for stopping, it seems he had little alternative except to 'swerve' into the centre lane.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Merc needs to be impounded, sick of seeing people with money thinking they own the world. Merc is lucky the dashcam driver didn't have a gun or knife....

Edited by dexjnr555
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Actually, back in the west. car parks are one of the places that according to insurance companies where accidents occur the most.

Mostly claims where someone has already damaged/scratched their car off-road ( not covered by insurance ) and a small bump in the car park on the same area can be claimed for.

Insurance companies in UK don't generally attend accidents and rely on photo's/reports etc.