starky

Where is the speed trap Kk?

58 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

Got my first Thailand speed camera ticket delivered to the house the other day. Didn't even know they had them here yet. According to the date it was the weekend I was down in Khon Kaen which tells me it is either on the highway down or somewhere near town. Any locals can tell me exactly where it is?

ID: 3   Posted

"The" one speed trap?

I haven't checked the southern part but I think they are "upgrading" there too.

There are several cameras and warning signs on the southern section also.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

ID: 4   Posted

Normally the location is mentioned on the ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

ID: 5   Posted

On 16/06/2017 at 11:11 AM, KhunBENQ said:

"The" one speed trap?

Large stretch of #2, Mitraphap rd. (main rd. through town) is a speed trap.

From the main crossing with #12 to the north on both directions there are dozens and dozens of cameras. Whether they all serve as a speed trap or combined with some extra box? I don't know.

And of course all traffic lights equipped with cameras on all directions. Just look at the junction with the university entrance (not far from immigration).

And I think the camera symbols and the many big 80/60 signs can hardly be overlooked?

I am always stunned when driving in the 80 squad and some high speed racer passes on the right.

Thanks for that. Honestly I never realised there was that many. I would say I got done near the uni as I was around there. 

1 person likes this

ID: 6   Posted

13 hours ago, luk AJ said:

Normally the location is mentioned on the ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yeah cheers but I can't read Thai. I knew it was Khon Kaen.

ID: 8   Posted

Many many on the main road north to south through Khonkaen, I would guess 30 to 40 speed cameras, just set cruise control to 85 and you probably ok

Also well posted with pictures

No excuse for missing them

On the ring road round KhonKaen often radar traps with police taking the money I km further on

ID: 9   Posted

12 minutes ago, al007 said:

Many many on the main road north to south through Khonkaen, I would guess 30 to 40 speed cameras, just set cruise control to 85 and you probably ok

Also well posted with pictures

No excuse for missing them

On the ring road round KhonKaen often radar traps with police taking the money I km further on

Is that a way of saying that you can see them easy and know when it´s time to slow down???? Isn´t that a rule that is in effect even where there is no cameras or radar. Lucky they put up pictures so all the crazy speeders can get a warning before it´s to late. If it were up to me all the cameras should be mobile and moved to different locations every 3rd day, no signs and double fine.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, starky said:

Thanks for that. Honestly I never realised there was that many. I would say I got done near the uni as I was around there. 

As written this section is plastered with cameras.

Nothing goes undetected also traffic light jumping.

Download the app 'speed cameras' by  Sygic. It works great. 

2 people like this

ID: 12   Posted (edited)

went through a new speed zone in KK last month,  it is on main highway no2

it is from just before central festival robinson centre and it ends 2 km after  you exit the tunnel heading northbound to udon thani

40km limit i think,  you will see many signs and road markings.   there are also speed camers everywhere and red light cameras.

this info may not be 100% correct but i do remember seeing the cameras etc and the location is definately central KK on road no2

WARNING !!  

i drove on down to buriram & surin and counted at least 15  maybe 20  checkpoints ,    some manned and some were not manned in afternoon , many manned at night times looking for drunk drivers & drugs etc ,    just beware to have all your documents on you  inc international drivers licence & insurances 

DONT DARE DRINK & DRIVE BECAUSE.......YOU WILL BE CAUGHT !! 

Edited by pumpjack
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Familyaffairs said:

Download the app 'speed cameras' by  Sygic. It works great. 

Even in the "jungle" lol

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

One good solution would be to keep yourself within the speed limits. In that kind of peculiar way all the need to know regarding cameras and speed traps just fly away on unimportant wings. Just a suggestion.

Correct, and as it's the first time I've been done in 7 years living up that way I guess I am only human after all. I only ask because in Australia we have many speed variable "traps" where you will come off a highway into an area where it may go 90 then 80 then 90 all within a couple hundred metres. 

On 6/16/2017 at 11:11 AM, KhunBENQ said:

"The" one speed trap?

Large stretch of #2, Mitraphap rd. (main rd. through town) is a speed trap.

From the main crossing with #12 to the north on both directions there are dozens and dozens of cameras. Whether they all serve as a speed trap or combined with some extra box? I don't know.

And of course all traffic lights equipped with cameras on all directions. Just look at the junction with the university entrance (not far from immigration).

And I think the camera symbols and the many big 80/60 signs can hardly be overlooked?

I am always stunned when driving in the 80 squad and some high speed racer passes on the right.

At the Mitraphap/Thanon Lao Nadi intersection they also have signs up that the cameras there are used to photograph motorcycle riders without helmets.