starky

Where is the speed trap Kk?

58 posts in this topic

^Be careful what you say! the wolves are waiting :smile:

"Driving hoon" I had to look that up! I can assure you I don't conduct "hoon" activities, though some will choose not to believe that!

The less time you spend on the roads the less time you expose yourself to the dangers therein - worth considering? Drive faster & safely! :shock1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CGW said:

Wow, now that is hurtful! don't hold back, just say what you are thinking!  :shock1:

"No better than a Thai driver" just how hurtful do you mean to be? fact is I consider myself a far better driver than the average Thai, I took driving lessons and passed a test some 45 years ago, I understand vehicle dynamics, my vehicle is roadworthy, I am situationally aware, I am careful & forward thinking, I have road sense, i don't take drugs or drink & drive & I do not drive selfishly, I am not a "sheep", these are all requisites the vast majority of Thai's are totally unaware off!

The standard of driving was actually better here 30 years ago than it is today  :shock1:

Drive safe now!

My point remains valid.This is about attitude to the law and you apparently being above it for your own selfish ends. Having driving lessons and knowing how to drive is irrelevant. Attitude mate,  attitude! Most of the problem with THAI drivers is their bad attitude thus me liking you to them. I am sorry,  I cannot agree with ignoring the law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

My point remains valid.This is about attitude to the law and you apparently being above it for your own selfish ends. Having driving lessons and knowing how to drive is irrelevant. Attitude mate,  attitude! Most of the problem with THAI drivers is their bad attitude thus me liking you to them. I am sorry,  I cannot agree with ignoring the law.

Fantastic! somebody that respects Thai law, thats a first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2017 at 10:05 PM, riche60 said:

Having been in buriram for 10 years there are no cameras from pattaya to buriram unless they are set at 170 kph!!!!

These cameras around me in Sakon Nakhon are really new, so if I were you I would expect to see them there real soon, as the cops are making money hand over fist with them. I know a guy that got three on a trip that he has been doing for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People here should know that the one ticket rule still stands, if you get two tickets in the mail for the same day they will drop one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personaly I see all these speed traps as a positive. Theres always a lot moaning about speeding drivers on here well it probably wont stop the speed merchants but it will hit there pockets then eventualy you never know repeat offenders lose there car. Lets hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2017 at 2:35 PM, impulse said:

 

While I don't speed as a general philosophy (too much stress on a long drive), it's a little more difficult when the speed limit signs don't tell you when you've gone from 120 KPH to 80 KPH and then to 60 KPH (?) when you hit some kind of imaginary lines between expressway, highway and city.  Then there's the signs that seem to be advisory (again ?) that flash 80 KPH on the 120 KPH motorway when all the traffic is still doing 120 around me.  

 

I'm aided by the old klunker I drive that seems to like 90-100 KPH and rattles when I push it higher.  It'll go faster quite safely, but it's just not comfortable.  (Reminds me of an old GF that used to tell me she was built for comfort, not for speed)

 

I'm interested to know if anyone got tickets under 120. My belief is that no cameras are set for any other speed (regardless of the limit).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

My point remains valid.This is about attitude to the law and you apparently being above it for your own selfish ends. Having driving lessons and knowing how to drive is irrelevant. Attitude mate,  attitude! Most of the problem with THAI drivers is their bad attitude thus me liking you to them. I am sorry,  I cannot agree with ignoring the law.

That's fine - but you need to be clear about the law. For example on U-turn bridges, are there any laws about moving over to the right so that I can squeeze through and create an extra lane on the left side?

 

How about motorways - enter from the sliproad at 60km/h and move over to the 2nd 3rd lanes so that I can pass in the 'slow' lane at 120km/h while you lot slow down overtaking cars in the middle lane?

 

Are there laws about overtaking right/left on motorways?

 

Are you the only one to stop at a red light after 10 cars filter to a left turn and there's no sign saying you can or you can't?

 

The law is designed for 1930, 'motorcycle' is a 2-wheel vehicle unsafe at any speed in excess of 60km/h and should always be ridden on the left because it is too slow to keep up with traffic in the street when it's speed is over 40km/h right?

 

Your comment is, frankly, ludicrous.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

That's fine - but you need to be clear about the law. For example on U-turn bridges, are there any laws about moving over to the right so that I can squeeze through and create an extra lane on the left side?

 

How about motorways - enter from the sliproad at 60km/h and move over to the 2nd 3rd lanes so that I can pass in the 'slow' lane at 120km/h while you lot slow down overtaking cars in the middle lane?

 

Are there laws about overtaking right/left on motorways?

 

Are you the only one to stop at a red light after 10 cars filter to a left turn and there's no sign saying you can or you can't?

 

The law is designed for 1930, 'motorcycle' is a 2-wheel vehicle unsafe at any speed in excess of 60km/h and should always be ridden on the left because it is too slow to keep up with traffic in the street when it's speed is over 40km/h right?

 

Your comment is, frankly, ludicrous.

 

Much like yours i must say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Your comment is, frankly, ludicrous.

Somebody with a degree of sense on TV that doesn't feel the need to make a thoughtless attack - well done!

 

My last words on this follows as people are making this personal:

"Some" of the speed limits are ludicrous, as an example the road from my house to the highway is 28 kilometers, there are very few houses, there are even less people around, the road is in good condition yet in places the speed limit is 30 kph as there are some corners that I guess "drivers" have had difficulties negotiating at times, should I slow to walking pace to go around these corners? to those that say yes, I can only surmise you have forgotten how to think for yourselves!

Some posters seem to think that meandering through the country in the middle of the night when the body is at its lowest ebb is a safe way to travel! laughable! If the police did their job and people drove in a correct manner and left the "fast" lane clear for faster traffic instead of selfishly hogging it traffic would flow, but this is Thailand and nothing is going to change soon, including the way I drive.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed on our Sons Facebook that young Thais are posting picks of how many Speed Cam fines they get per month.Seems to be the new fad.


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brings up a question:

is there no system here of accumulating/earning "points" for major traffic offenses?

Seems not.

 

In my last country a really excessive speeding fine would earn you a point and driving ban for a specific time (driving license confiscated/revoked).

More consequences when collecting too many points.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CGW said:

Somebody with a degree of sense on TV that doesn't feel the need to make a thoughtless attack - well done!

 

My last words on this follows as people are making this personal:

"Some" of the speed limits are ludicrous, as an example the road from my house to the highway is 28 kilometers, there are very few houses, there are even less people around, the road is in good condition yet in places the speed limit is 30 kph as there are some corners that I guess "drivers" have had difficulties negotiating at times, should I slow to walking pace to go around these corners? to those that say yes, I can only surmise you have forgotten how to think for yourselves!

Some posters seem to think that meandering through the country in the middle of the night when the body is at its lowest ebb is a safe way to travel! laughable! If the police did their job and people drove in a correct manner and left the "fast" lane clear for faster traffic instead of selfishly hogging it traffic would flow, but this is Thailand and nothing is going to change soon, including the way I drive.

Good job its only your thoughts guess youve nevervhad a night job. Its amazing how quickly your body adapts to day being night and night day. Nobody has attacked you they have like me look atvyou posts realised you post about breaking the law and your fine with that i just pointed out that breaking the law wherever you may be driving is breaking the law so to then you try mitigate your response you say in the middle of nowhere its ok. Then on the other hand quotes like you stick to the speed limits I wont be.  Or calling people sheep for abiding by the law. Then suddenly were all wolfs !. Remember there is no such thing as a fast lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 29 June 2017 22:55
Sponsors