Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

Anti-graft body investigating my witnesses, Yingluck tells to court

Anti-graft body investigating my witnesses, Yingluck tells to court

By The Nation

118b0c11428b478fdafd2d6b11b1f793.jpeg

YINGLUCK Shinawatra has claimed that witnesses testifying in her defence in a high-profile criminal case have been subject to a serious of corruption probes.

The former premier complained to the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders on Friday that a series of investigations had been launched into her witnesses.

She lodged a complaint on a day when her twelfth defendant witness gave evidence.

Former agriculture minister Yukol Limlaemthong testified in regard to the ministry’s zoning of rice growing and regulations to enter the scheme put in place during the Yingluck government’s rice mortgage scheme to ensure transparency.

Yingluck has been charged with negligence in her oversight of the scheme, which was allegedly plagued with corruption.

The former PM presented a complaint that witnesses were subject to fresh probes by a sub-panel of the National Anti-Corruption Commission after they testified before the court. She believed such action was unfair.

The court acknowledged her complaint but said it had no authority to order other organisations to stop performing their duty. But it would record this in the case report.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318253

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-6-16

42 minutes ago, candide said:

Well, as she is not accused of corruption, it could be understood that they are not corrupt!

;)

She wasn't charged with perjury either (and we know why). Should we understand they are probably liars?

• Like 1

The real tragedy is that after PTP win the next election and assume power again; they won't go after the clowns currently persecuting them.

• Like 2

so what ? lives her own world surrounded by paid supporters

3 minutes ago, JAG said:

Or perhaps the intention is to put pressure on them to ensure that they don't "turn up".?

What am I saying, shame on me for casting such unworthy slurs on such an august, politically impartial body.....

Now would they would only have to worry if they are corrupt would they not. If they are corrupt are they good witnesses ? 

Your explanation is good too.. but again.. if they are not corrupt nothing will turn up will there so no worries. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Sadly corruption is killing Thailand. The end will not be nice.

I'm not sure Thailand is any more corrupt than most western countries

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

I'm not sure Thailand is any more corrupt than most western countries

It's up there with the best.