Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

The week that was in Thailand news: Land of the cover up – in more ways than one!

Recommended Posts

YetAnother    1,646

bending the truth for their own benefit is a sport here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gr8fldanielle    1,015

how is it that the Burmese are allowed to take a job from a Thai by working in a food court? Can I do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AhFarangJa    2,964
9 minutes ago, gr8fldanielle said:

how is it that the Burmese are allowed to take a job from a Thai by working in a food court? Can I do that?

Sure you can......200 Baht a day........

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hansnl    2,484
4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

bending the truth for their own benefit is a sport here

You should have said: "Here and There".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zyphodb    1,047
4 hours ago, mikebell said:

I do enjoy a Rooster round-up of Thai stories.  Being a writer myself I am insanely jealous he has come up with this regular feature -

 

As am I.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nahkit    557
1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

Thankfully that never happens in farangland in places like Washington DC or London. Always amusing and amazing how farang can see things that happen in Thailand while being totally blind to far worse events back in Farang Utopia.

 

You'd need a scorecard to keep track of the investigations under way in Washington. Now Donald Trump's lawyer has had to hire a lawyer.

 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-lawyer-hires-own-lawyer-russia-investigation-a7794286.html

 

And the decades long cover-ups of fraud at the London Metals Exchange, the London Interbank offering rate (LIBOR) settings manipulation and of course the phone hacking scandal that shut down the Murdoch owned News of the World.

 

Thailand could never compete with the fraud, corruption and attempted cover ups in western countries.

"You'd need a scorecard to keep track of the investigations under way in Washington"

 

And you can count on one finger the number of investigations going on in Thailand into the people in power. At least in "farangland", as you call it, they can actually have investigations into people in power.

 

"decades long cover-ups of fraud at the London Metal Exchange" - I have to admit my ignorance on this one, the only fraud I'm aware of at the LME involved an accountant who got sentenced to 32 months in jail for using the company credit card for personal use. Not sure what cover-up there was there?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jesimps    2,917
4 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Thankfully that never happens in farangland in places like Washington DC or London. Always amusing and amazing how farang can see things that happen in Thailand while being totally blind to far worse events back in Farang Utopia.

 

You'd need a scorecard to keep track of the investigations under way in Washington. Now Donald Trump's lawyer has had to hire a lawyer.

 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-lawyer-hires-own-lawyer-russia-investigation-a7794286.html

 

And the decades long cover-ups of fraud at the London Metals Exchange, the London Interbank offering rate (LIBOR) settings manipulation and of course the phone hacking scandal that shut down the Murdoch owned News of the World.

 

Thailand could never compete with the fraud, corruption and attempted cover ups in western countries.

vigilant as ever, nothing escapes the scrutiny of suradit, chief constable of the Thai-bashing police.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikebell    2,562
On 2017-6-18 at 0:37 PM, zyphodb said:

As am I.......

Jealous or a writer?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 22 August 2017 02:47
Sponsors
×