Bigdogfarang

Nightlife shut down again in chaweng

119 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2017 at 8:27 PM, TheLobster said:

Sorry to cut your post short, and I must say your English is very good.

Thanks...:smile:

And by the way, talking about dangerous night-life places, some of my usual reliable informers told me last night that "Camp Beer" has re-opened, after the shooting-incident punishment-closure seemed over. Camp Beer is one the places where Thais spend their night out – and presumable one the the real dangerous places, not attractive for many a foreigner...

I don't know anyone who would go to 'Camp Beer'. As you say it would seem to be a Thai venue and irrelevant to tourists.

I don't know anyone who would go to 'Camp Beer'. As you say it would seem to be a Thai venue and irrelevant to tourists.

Been there many times, never any problem, maybe I hang around with the right Thai crew.
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

Been there many times, never any problem, maybe I hang around with the right Thai crew.

Has the sky fallen yet Valkyrie?

ID: 110   Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Wow, you are hanging out at more dangerous shooting events, than I imagined. :shock1: 

I've been at Camp Beer once only; extremely boring – for me, but could be caused by I never drink beer – and the band played fairly bad through a way to loud and utterly distorted PA. Never know at such places, if the attractive cute girls dancing – Thai men don't seem to dance at that kind of venues – are alone, or wife, or small mia, or gik of one Thai fellows that immediately will protect his property if a farang (and presumable anybody else) get too close. But perhaps I just mingle with "the wrong Thai crew"..?:sad:

However my girlfriend and her girly friends, and that friends on their own, seem to love outings to there – but they also enjoy the spicy food served – and then continue later at scary Green Mango Club...:smile:

Edited by khunPer
2 people like this

I love how the "old" hats have taken the sting out of a conversation which started to become a poisonous "mine is bigger than yours" contest. Love to hear the old stories and nice to hear from people who actually still enjoy the place after such a long time. 

Not enough sweet memories and too much bitter pickering on the forum these days.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, huberthammer said:

I love how the "old" hats have taken the sting out of a conversation which started to become a poisonous "mine is bigger than yours" contest. Love to hear the old stories and nice to hear from people who actually still enjoy the place after such a long time. 

Not enough sweet memories and too much bitter pickering on the forum these days.

Au contraire my old son.

I used to love a wander down the yellow brick road for a day's fun and games at the pub with fantastic company, scenery and solitude in equal measures.

1 person likes this

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:27 PM, TheLobster said:

With respect you have been on these forums for a couple of months, so IMO your posts mean diddly squat to me (As Ronnie P Kray says you must have a vested interest), and you multiple post without reply which is a particularly annoying habit, IMO.

My only vested interest is that I enjoy the nightlife scene around Chaweng, and I'd like it to stay!

And I'm sorry to hear you don't like my posting style.  Sometimes life gets in the way of my internet surfing, and then I have to 'multiple post' to catch up. I'll try harder to be more like you in future :thumbsup:

But anyway, I haven't been on the forum long enough, so you probably won't read this  :laugh:

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Sometimes life gets in the way of my internet surfing, and then I have to 'multiple post' to catch up. 

If you click the + sign next to the quote then you can post multiple quotes. You can edit for a short time after you have posted if you decide that you have forgotten something.

Not too difficult, even I can do it :wink:

I like the scene around Chaweng as well, that's one of the reasons I live here. I just know enough to want to be home before the low life come out to play.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TheLobster said:

...I like the scene around Chaweng as well, that's one of the reasons I live here. I just know enough to want to be home before the low life come out to play.

I suddenly realize that I'm "low life"...:sad:

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

I suddenly realize that I'm "low life"...:sad:

I think he was referring to the fictional thai gangsters with guns and knives that line soi mango every night waiting to attack tourists 

2 people like this

59 minutes ago, Bigdogfarang said:

I think he was referring to the fictional thai gangsters with guns and knives that line soi mango every night waiting to attack tourists 

More like drunk or drugged local youth hanging around on bikes.

You are such a drama queen! :biggrin:

Can we all agree that we want everyone both happy and safe in their late night activities and call it a day?

2 people like this