Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Land Transport Department determined to enforce stricter road safety measures

webfact    23,969

Land Transport Department determined to enforce stricter road safety measures

PNSOC600618001003901.jpg

BANGKOK, 19th June 2017 (NNT) - The Department of Land Transport is determined to enforce road safety measures more strictly, particularly among truck drivers. 

Land Transport Department Director-General Sanit Promwong said today that attention is now being given to large haulage trucks in an effort to reduce the number of road accidents. 

Mr. Sanit said that land transport offices across the country have been instructed to constantly perform inspections of trucks, especially the ones transporting containers, and their drivers. 

At the same time, the department has informed transport operators to make sure their drivers comply with all safety regulations concerning transportation and to ensure no transported items fall off or affect others on the road, he added. 

In addition, operators are instructed to install GPS tracking systems on all their trucks by 2019 so that they can learn more about the performance of the vehicles and the driving behavior of their employees.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-19

thailand49    701

555,  I'm glad to hear something but always a reaction to something that happen which was all over Thai news, a truck carrying oil, fuel, turn over and the content all came out on the Highway. 

First, the department got to know what is the problem which they don't, to inspect a vehicle you got to know what to inspect and if a driver has no job security if they report a defect and refuse to take the vehicle on the road, you got nothing. And if spot checks to transport companies aren't done to review the records you got nothing. Only thing that works is enforcement 24/7, and 1% of being caught will never work as their record shows. You can spend another Million/Billion on signs and paint nice lines on the road the honor system doesn't ever work.

• Like 1

Ace of Pop    8,756

I've noticed over the Years my Ferang Chums here who constantly bleat about bad driving here are rather unsafe themselves. The non bleaters are rather good, and I don't mind being a passenger with them.They tend to be the Non Office Types, with no chip on shoulder,and just handle a situation..It's not only Thais that cause probs,my Ozz mate collects Wing Mirrors from Big C car parks,like trophies.🤠

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

Ace of Pop    8,756

And Yes He's Tuna Yobo.by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect