Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Probe launched into 'tea money' allegation at famous Bangkok school

webfact    23,969

Probe launched into 'tea money' allegation at famous Bangkok school
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Office of the Basic Education Commission (Obec) chief Karun Sakulpradit has ordered a probe into an allegation that the director of a famous public school on Bangkok's Rama VI Road had demanded Bt400,000 in “tea money” from a parent in exchange for the parent’s Mathayom 1 child being accepted into the school.

The parent recorded a video of him allegedly paying the money to the director, which went viral on social media. 

Karun said he had not received a formal report about this case but, upon reading news reports on it, he had assigned the director of the Secondary Educational Service Area Office 1 in Bangkok to set up a fact-finding committee to probe the case urgently. 

A Obec lawyer will join the probe, he added.

"If the fact-finding finds the information in the news was true, I will assign another committee to launch a probe into serious disciplinary action against the official in question,” Karun said.

“I'm very serious about this problem because Education Minister Teerakiat Jareonsettasin has always instructed that there must be no cases of tea money demanding in exchange for acceptance to schools.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30318457

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-19

observer90210    994

tea money?!!!...bribes?!!...corruption?!!!.:shock1:...shocking!!!...

such things do not exist in Thailand that has the most honest police force, the most honest immigration officers and the most honest land office government servants in the world!!!!!

©

Reigntax    7,339

Surely in a school it would be called "play lunch money"?

Lemonltr    109

Tea money must be a misnomer. You can get a hell of a lot of cups of tea for 400.000 baht. 

Godang    90
3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

From my experience with Thai gf who was head teacher at a vocational school it seems as if their is more tea money floating around the school system than there is at the police stations. One example she described to me was western English teachers not having their contracts renewed so they could be replaced with Filipino teachers. The school directors would then receive healthy kickback commissions from the Filipino employment agencies. Gf was p!ssed because she was not on the distribution list.

I am not sure what the order wold be but it seems the top three of the public "service" institutions are:

Police and associated services

Education system

Customs and Excise.

Filipino,s speak American English not the same as U.K English. 

• Like 2