Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 13 December 2018 01:29
webfact

"Dark skinned gang" paid 100 Thai women 5,000 baht each on Facebook to marry for long term visas

"Dark skinned gang" paid 100 Thai women 5,000 baht each on Facebook to marry for long term visas

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- Thai immigration in Bangkok have entrapped a gang of Nigerians and Afghans who were paying Thai women to marry men so they could get long term visas for Thailand.

They advertised for Thai women on Facebook paying just 5,000 baht a time to register marriages.

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Officials became suspicious and planned a sting when the gang - seven Nigerians and 2 Afghans - registered 100 people as single.

They investigated the matter and found that they arranged marriages for 100 people through Facebook.

Immigration chief Nathathorn Phrosunthorn was at the Government Complex in Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok, yesterday when the gang were all arrested.

Daily News called them a "nasty black skinned gang" in their headline.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-22

1 minute ago, Thechook said:

It's quite common actually, one thai girl I know of paid an Aussie guy the equivalent of 5k to marry, she moved to Australia on permanent resident visa then when she left the guy took him for half his assets also.  It was quite a profitable scam.

I used to have  a mate  who did the same to a wealthy American lady 

A mate of mine back in the 1990s I'm London had a few properties he rented through a letting agency. The owner was an Indian guy.  Asked my mate if he had any single friends willing to marry Indian lady's for £1500 a go.

The guy was eventually nicked did a few years.