Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

"My mummy sold me for sex with an old man on the council" - teacher goes to Chonburi cops with 12 year old's school essay

7 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I never said that I find this or any other "tradition" appropriate.
That must be an invention of your mind to score a point.
Can you show me where I said that I find this appropriate?

And as I said, social media can discuss/report these things as much as you please.
But in reality NOTHING CHANGES.
Thai are discussing already a lot of time on social media and by Law to reduce traffic accidents, but they still drive without a helmet, without a proper insurance and defiying the basic rules of traffic.

Refer to your post 42 where you said you have witnessed this 'tradition' (despite it being unlawful). IMO it implies that you have accepted it. Therefore, without any contradictory clarification it could be read that you endorse such behaviour as being appropriate. Maybe you should share your opinion on such 'tradition' instead of fudging the issue/sitting on the fence.

For the record, I don't consider this Thai tradition as being appropriate, particularly as it is unlawful to have sex with an underage girl. And I hope that both the buyer and seller are convicted of rape and assisting rape.

23 hours ago, sweatalot said:

"They .. . applied .... for an arrest warrant ...."

Why do Thai police wait?  Why do they send a telegram in advance of a raid? The rapist has already ignored a summons - why don't the police go round & drag him down to the station by the scrotum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

Refer to your post 42 where you said you have witnessed this 'tradition' (despite it being unlawful). IMO it implies that you have accepted it. Therefore, without any contradictory clarification it could be read that you endorse such behaviour as being appropriate. Maybe you should share your opinion on such 'tradition' instead of fudging the issue/sitting on the fence.

I put YOUR OPINION there where the sun never shines.

It is not MY TASK to mess up with the locals when staying in a foreign country and witnessing something unlawful.
That is the task of the police.
I still put MY OWN LIFE more valuable than trying to be the new Robin Hood.

I stop here this senseless discussion with you as you base everything you STATE AS TRUE on YOUR OWN OPINION.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tilacme said:

Gets my vote for the most ridicules comment award.

same here

On 6/24/2017 at 8:09 AM, Confuscious said:

Almost everywhere in Thailand, Thai girls who have their first menstruation are sold for sex to the highest bidder.

Absolute and complete stuff of nonsense.

On 6/24/2017 at 11:01 AM, Confuscious said:

I stop here this senseless discussion...

Good idea.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, colinneil said:

Poor girl, having a disgusting piece of excrement for a mother.

How could any mother subject her own flesh and blood to such disgusting acts.

Again it is somebody in government involved, what is it with these disgusting pieces of scum, that they get p[leasure from raping young kids?

Reading this post makes me want to vomit.

Unfortunately in Thailand it happens all to often.

Off topic post and reply removed

Nothing excuses pimping your own daughter out nobody to blame but the mother if you can call her a mother. Poor girl scarred for life.

change can ONLY come about if people ''speak up'',don't be afraid to make enimies..we all have a choice,live stuck in

silence and fear,or do the right thing and speak out..evil grows where fear lives..

On 23/06/2017 at 2:16 PM, colinneil said:

Poor girl, having a disgusting piece of excrement for a mother.

How could any mother subject her own flesh and blood to such disgusting acts.

Again it is somebody in government involved, what is it with these disgusting pieces of scum, that they get p[leasure from raping young kids?

Reading this post makes me want to vomit.

Very sad jaunta closing bars , karaoke,  will only get worse  , a shocking story. Mother and old man should get life bangkok hilton" will get off politically connected local or other look last child stuff up north underage sex ring operated by police, government officials etc, Quiet now !!!

On 2017-6-23 at 5:58 AM, Lammbock said:

I blame the Thai government. They do not support the poor people enough to live a decent life.

Poverty doesn't warrant prostitution/ it's not an excuse for stealing or committing crimes.

On 23/06/2017 at 1:51 PM, phuketrichard said:

like western countries care about their poor??

Scandi, Euros OZ NZ yes - trumpistan - no, (what's a poor person?)

On 6/24/2017 at 10:10 AM, mikebell said:

Why do Thai police wait?  Why do they send a telegram in advance of a raid? The rapist has already ignored a summons - why don't the police go round & drag him down to the station by the scrotum.

I asked my lawyer who is a barrister the very same question a couple of years ago

From memory I think the response was that unless the police witness the crime they have to apply to the court for an arrest warrant

I think something similar applies in relation to questioning suspects they have to be summoned first then if they do not appear an arrest warrant is issued

I suppose even here people are entitled to the assumption of innocence and the right to obtain legal representation 

Thats what is supposed to happen but as in other countries it doesn't always occur in practice