Patong2

Patong - The Wake

I miss the 2 Black Sheep.  Great place to shoot the breeze.   Met most of my Phuket friends at that place.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GiantFan said:

I miss the 2 Black Sheep.  Great place to shoot the breeze.   Met most of my Phuket friends at that place.

Me too as I spent many hours day and night in that place when Kiwi Bill was running it and believe it or not I nearly bought a share of it sometime around 2006 (I think). Then John and his wife took it over and it seemed to be successful for a few more years and then they sold it. Never seem to be the same after that.

I do remember Bill hitting the booze a little too hard and when he did that, his "quiz nights" became a little too "off the scale" and I think selling the place was good for him because it may well have saved his liver! (No disrespect meant Bill if you are still around).

• Like 2

Just thought the headline was a strange choice of words....considering the times we live in.

34 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Just thought the headline was a strange choice of words....considering the times we live in.

I thought the title was quite clever. Previous topic was about Patong dying, and we all mostly agreed it was. So now we are into the wake period of mourning in the Irish party way ...

• Like 2

Maybe they can destroy patong beach simular like they did in Pattaya?no trees, more lanes for traffic,less space for walking and more parking slots for tuktuks.

Lived there for 4 years and had a good time but all i can say about Patong  now is that it is far to expensive and they are pricing themselves out of the market. I have now lived in Pattaya for the past 6 years  and much more cost effective and see far less problems here compared to Patong. Many of my friends who use to go to Patong before only come to Pattaya for the same reasons I will not go back there. The other problem down there now is all the landlords are charging far to much for any leases on business places, making it very difficult to have a reasonable go. Patong deserves to Die a slow death.

• Thanks 1

Full of Chinese, one of them walked up to me and started taking a photo of the shrimp yellow curry I was eating, strange people and the tuk tuk drivers don't like them either, they really haggle on the price, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Maybe they can destroy patong beach simular like they did in Pattaya?no trees, more lanes for traffic,less space for walking and more parking slots for tuktuks.

Plenty of trees along Pattaya beach now, but not so keen on the water quality.

6 hours ago, GiantFan said:

I liked the easy going music from the one man band there.  He would come and have a beer with the customers, and take requests. 

That bar had a relaxing atmosphere. 

5 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I thought the title was quite clever. Previous topic was about Patong dying, and we all mostly agreed it was. So now we are into the wake period of mourning in the Irish party way ...

So, is this thread the "wake" for the "Patong is dead" thread, or for Patong itself????

• Like 1