simon43

'Regency for Expats' medical insurance

4 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

Does anyone have experience - good or bad - with the 'Regency for Expats' medical insurance policy?  I have a quote from a Hong Kong broker and the cover looks quite reasonable ==> accept applicants up to 71 years old, lifetime cover, $1,000,000 USD cover etc.

1 person likes this

ID: 2   Posted

What sort of money was the premiums? many thanks.

ID: 3   Posted

What sort of money was the premiums? many thanks.

For me aged 58 years, with no pre-existing conditions etc, the annual premium for $1,000,000 cover (excluding the USA) was $2,1000.

YMMV

1 person likes this

ID: 4   Posted (edited)

I poked around online and on their website.  One thing that jumps out is they do NOT pay the claim or costs directly to the hospital.  You must submit a claim.  Knowing the way some Thai hospitals work, getting things like BUPA that handle costs up front seem to be more attractive.  Actually reading further it is less clear than that. They seem to require pre approval for planned events, surgeries etc.  So some direct billing and settling may be possible. Pre approval is not unusual here in the USA.  But going through an international company and then in another country, just sounds like a lot of work.  Maybe these guys are good and have good smooth operations with some Thai hospitals or agencies.  Don't know

Edited by gk10002000
addition