Thailand Forum
simon43

'Regency for Expats' medical insurance

sanuk711    1,808
On 8/7/2017 at 4:09 PM, Orton Rd said:

so 10 years cover and then when you will more likely need it they dump you, that's not a company to recommend is it

If your under 60---yes I really do recommend them--because then your not dumped--ever-- its true as with all Insurance companies over 65 they dont publish rates---so you can be priced out of it. But when you are with them --they do seem to take that extra step, I had a bad accident after being with them for just 3 weeks. Flown down from Issan to BKK for facial reconstruction. All insurance companies deem that you can not claim for the first six months, the girl at Brumangrad entered my card by mistake--they (BUPA) phoned the hospital and told them they would pay for everything as they deem it an accident not sickness. I haven't been their best client--seem to have a run of stuff happening the last few years---I watched them get ripped off by the hospitals, once they know you have a good cover. I wish they would bring out another policy that does not include the BKK/Brumangrad hospitals--would be a cheaper rate. Also wish that the government would get hospitals to give basic care policy to Ex-pats in their catchment area-- I am sure they would come out of it with a profit. Just basic--and if you want your own room etc--then you pay up more--but at least you know you will be accepted.

Still as my Irish mother would say---If wishes were horses--beggar's would ride.

stevenl    8,717

All insurance companies deem that you can not claim for the first six months

Not correct. What may happen is that it is deemed to be a pre existing conditions, but with sickness that is clearly not pre existing or accidents, they will (have to) pay out.