Jonathan Fairfield

Belgian tourist's death on Koh Tao - police deny several online rumors

267 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, baboon said:

I meet / have met a fair few on their way there. You would be astonished by the number who are aware of the killings but simply couldn't care less, I'm afraid. Nor could they care less about lining the pockets of any mafia figures - It's all about them and their enjoyment.

Those of you who think that travel warnings will make the slightest difference to Ko Tao's tourist demographic are very sorely mistaken, in my opinion. That is not to say they should not be issued...

It's the "that will never happen to me attitude ".

2 people like this

9 hours ago, smedly said:

not speaking about Thailand  just a general comment - you have your own thoughts and opinions about what goes on  

when you have corruption with police and justice systems there are no barriers - it runs right through the whole system from top to bottom, from the police - forensics - coroner - local authorities - people of influence - courts - judges  and all ultimately linked to money or protection or both, it enables the outcomes of investigations to be completely manipulated - evidence hidden away - evidence made up to look a certain way without any way of proving otherwise - manufactured witness statements etc. the list is endless but the goal is the same, this is why in the west we have procedures for everything and we actually have police etc. who will do their very best to solve a crime and bring the right people to justice.

I agree with everything in your post, but why don't your beloved junta do something about it???

Silly me asking I know, because you' and the rest of the fanboys will have convinced yourselves that it isn't their fault and justify it (as usual) by saying that the previous governments didn't do anything either. 

ID: 49   Posted (edited)

Why do people go to Koh Tao "Death Island" ...All the Embassy's need to put out a warning about this place, or even make it off limits.....In the military we had places or area's that were off limits to us, it's not that hard to do.

Edited by doggie1955
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, z42 said:

Dolts in uniform.. pathetic $hit show as per 😩

DIURETIC = Dolts in Uniform Retract Extraordinary Theories in Conclusion!!

9 hours ago, smedly said:

not speaking about Thailand  just a general comment - you have your own thoughts and opinions about what goes on  

when you have corruption with police and justice systems there are no barriers - it runs right through the whole system from top to bottom, from the police - forensics - coroner - local authorities - people of influence - courts - judges  and all ultimately linked to money or protection or both, it enables the outcomes of investigations to be completely manipulated - evidence hidden away - evidence made up to look a certain way without any way of proving otherwise - manufactured witness statements etc. the list is endless but the goal is the same, this is why in the west we have procedures for everything and we actually have police etc. who will do their very best to solve a crime and bring the right people to justice.

You certainly don't want to imply all the above does not exist in western countries?

Then you must be the fourth money, the one that has all the ailments of the other three.

The murders on D E A T H  Island keep happening,

The tourists come and go

The locals remain

Who is responsible the locals or the tourists

2 people like this

Koh Tao = Island of Death!

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Of all the places to go in the world, why do people choose that place. Don't they do any research when planning a trip?

Because it is marketed hard as a backpacker paradise.

It has been off my list of places to go for many years.

24 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

It's the "that will never happen to me attitude ".

I'm afraid it is worse: 'Who cares? If they died, they died.'

ID: 56   Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I agree with everything in your post, but why don't your beloved junta do something about it???

Silly me asking I know, because you' and the rest of the fanboys will have convinced yourselves that it isn't their fault and justify it (as usual) by saying that the previous governments didn't do anything either. 

I think you're overestimating the power of any leader here in LOS (or underestimating the power of money).  Do you believe that any guy in charge in Thailand (ever) isn't surrounded by employees who are also in the employ of special interests who report everything that happens, and may be called upon to take him out if their interests are put at risk?

The corruption has been decades (centuries?) in the making.  It's not going to be solved by one peaceful coup.

Edited by impulse
2 people like this

I crossed Koh Tao off my bucket list a long time ago.

Nothing here adds up!

But we are used to that, in Thailand and especially on Koh Tao!

Tourism is big business and often will be protected at any cost.   

Even in Maui , Hawaii shark attacks are hushed up and not reported so as not to damage the islands "perfect Honeymoon destination" image .  

Certainly, a homicide would not look good for Koh Tao.