Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
ItsPhuketTownNotCity

Is there any Trang town news?

A new one for you... Guava... American Mexican and Thai food establishment... a bit expensive but worth it.  In  the Amphur Muang Trang...

On 8/4/2017 at 4:30 PM, Rhys said:

A new one for you... Guava... American Mexican and Thai food establishment... a bit expensive but worth it.  In  the Amphur Muang Trang...

Thanks a lot, Rhys... A Mexican restaurant in Trang is a nice surprise.

I lived in Trang a bit over a decade ago (time flies) - just for a bit over a year - so have little to add about what is happening  there now

I have very fond memories - there are waterfalls and hills inland, islands that are easy to get to off the coast - the people were friendly - a mix of thai, chinese and southness.

Its not that far to Hat Yai, Satun, Krabi and Phuket.

I guess the kids I taught are the pillars of society now (or not). We lived in a small gated soi out past the Tesco/ Makro near the airport - many a day after work I would take the Honda Wave for a spin out thru the rubber plantations to the hills or down the coast to Kantang , Had Chao Mai or Pak Meng.- thru the villages, past the gaol and airport. 

The missus worked at Sinocha coffee shop near the railway station - but its probably gone now.

I would be very happy if I was planning  an imminent return there. 

(Maybe one day I will be)

• Like 1

Actually, the big department stores are there and four on the same road.... Home Pro, Makro, Tesco Big c....Robinson Mall is on the other side of town...

Another find.. excellent pizza.. Moma Mia... by a pisan.. no doubt..