Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
ItsPhuketTownNotCity

Is there any Trang town news?

Rhys    1,077

A new one for you... Guava... American Mexican and Thai food establishment... a bit expensive but worth it.  In  the Amphur Muang Trang...

On 8/4/2017 at 4:30 PM, Rhys said:

A new one for you... Guava... American Mexican and Thai food establishment... a bit expensive but worth it.  In  the Amphur Muang Trang...

Thanks a lot, Rhys... A Mexican restaurant in Trang is a nice surprise.

I lived in Trang a bit over a decade ago (time flies) - just for a bit over a year - so have little to add about what is happening  there now

I have very fond memories - there are waterfalls and hills inland, islands that are easy to get to off the coast - the people were friendly - a mix of thai, chinese and southness.

Its not that far to Hat Yai, Satun, Krabi and Phuket.

I guess the kids I taught are the pillars of society now (or not). We lived in a small gated soi out past the Tesco/ Makro near the airport - many a day after work I would take the Honda Wave for a spin out thru the rubber plantations to the hills or down the coast to Kantang , Had Chao Mai or Pak Meng.- thru the villages, past the gaol and airport. 

The missus worked at Sinocha coffee shop near the railway station - but its probably gone now.

I would be very happy if I was planning  an imminent return there. 

(Maybe one day I will be)