webfact

Hua Hin students wowing tourists as they act as interpreters for the police

63 posts in this topic

ID: 17   Posted

1 hour ago, biplanebluey said:

You guys can never see anything right with anything anyone does in thailand---UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was thinking the same thing, its because there live are so sad, they sit in the bar all day long and have nothing better to do than pick faults out of everything

1 person likes this

ID: 18   Posted

Love to be a fly on the wall Be lots said like" speak slowly, not understand,  Can you repeat,  Looking at the big guy sitting there he must have broken the law The school girl is probably telling him you must pay 500 baht bribe or you go to jail But in all honest the guy who said 95% of Thai students cant speak english he is right

ID: 19   Posted

I went to my local immigration office where they had a similar situation, though the students were doing 'work experience'. One young lass  assisted me in correctly filling the necessary forms. At the end she said in English, how was that. I replied that it was much easier with her assistance and thanked her. She replied, 'what no tip'…my laughter could be heard everywhere. I thought, you are not even a permanent employee, but already you have mastered the essential language of a Thai government employee…555…and no she did not get a tip!

2 people like this

ID: 20   Posted

1 minute ago, Queenslander said:

I went to my local immigration office where they had a similar situation, though the students were doing 'work experience'. One young lass  assisted me in correctly filling the necessary forms. At the end she said in English, how was that. I replied that it was much easier with her assistance and thanked her. She replied, 'what no tip'…my laughter could be heard everywhere. I thought, you are not even a permanent employee, but already you have mastered the essential language of a Thai government employee…555…and no she did not get a tip!

They learn quick dont they

ID: 21   Posted

39 minutes ago, free123 said:

to all the farangs who are long term semi residents....learn thai dont complain...i met some guys around ten years here and not to be able to order food....i know its not easy but if u make ur life plans ( house car retirement ) in los at least u should aquire decent communication skills...

TOTALLY AGREE!!!

ID: 22   Posted

3 hours ago, Regyai said:

Surely this wont replace gumps in quasi-paramilitary fancy dress with "me pay bar you" linguistic levels?

Actually their linguistic levels are fine, just not in English.  This is Thailand.  Why don't you learn Thai and come back and tell us how great your Thai is in two years?  It's not easy.  

2 people like this

ID: 23   Posted

I am sure that all this students be half farangs or have stepfathers/-mothers who are foreigners.

ID: 24   Posted

1 hour ago, novo58 said:

I think this is a great idea. And just perhaps the Thai schoolkids will learn from the farang NOT to just accept what they are told just because someone is of a higher status than themselves. maybe they will learn to ask more questions if the first answer does not solve the problem...maybe the kids will learn to THINK for themselves...When the farang is not happy with what they are first told and pose further questions that the kids then have to ask in Thai of the police officer....maybe the kids will start to learn to NOT fear asking questions/seeking more information from an older person of higher station in life than themselves >>>>>>>>>. Just maybe . 

Yes sir, that's real education when that happens!

ID: 25   Posted

32 minutes ago, Queenslander said:

Ha ha good luck to the kid. I hope you slipped her a couple of bob!

ID: 26   Posted

Cant say it is good idea because these are  the police matters.

ID: 27   Posted (edited)

It's a good try and does not deserve such stupid comments. Some grumpy old Men, almost ever the same here go better back to her homecountrys. They will be for sure welcome there for their big mouth and sozial competence.

Edited by ujayujay
1 person likes this

ID: 28   Posted

Faulty translations provided by a child would be a defense lawyers wet dream, anywhere in the real world.

1 person likes this

ID: 29   Posted

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

How many cops would feel embarrassed (lose face) by having to listen to an M4, M5 school girl explain something to them?

....you have no Idea about Thailand and the lose Face theme.

ID: 30   Posted

To all you wingers out there, go and try and learn Thai and see how hard it is, you might realise that they are smarter than you.

1 person likes this