Jump to content
Jonathan Fairfield

Thai police spokesman says Belgian tourist died from suffocation

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

the old pillow case over the mouth is pretty hard to detect without a proper post mortem.  It is fairly easy to avoid ligature, fingernail wounds etc

It must be done with 2 hands and takes longer than you think.  Any one not totally incapacitated would resist and if their hands were tied ligature marks on the hands or wrists would be evident.  If the hands were free, the victim would defend themselves likely resulting in capturing the suspects DNA under the nails ("fingernail wounds" you mentioned would not be a typical item to look for).  Asphyxia in a suspicious or unusual scene minus evidence of strangulation would lead an investigator to a smothering option.  The totality of the circumstance would have to be evaluated.  Every scene is different but foul play is far more difficult to conceal then presumed by novices.  

Edited by ThaiWai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lamar said:

Sunday 02 June, the Police made an official statement about this alleged suicide attempt. According to the police, this suicide attempt took place on April 4th at the Nopphawong railway station, Bangkok. Elise would have attempted to kill herself by throwing herself under a moving train. She would have been saved by the action of passers-by with the help of railway police . She was then sent to the Somdet Chaopraya Institute of Psychiatry for treatment. She later travelled to Koh Tao.

I have never heard of Nopphawong train station, does anyone know where it is located? I know there is a Nopphawong  junction on Krung Kasem road and then just across the klong from the junction is a vast expanse of train lines feeding in to Hua Lamphong station which is just a few hundred meters further south.

 

This may be a mistake in the reporting or it maybe a station I'm unaware of?  I lived close to that area for nearly 15 years and have never heard of this station, I'm very curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Laab Muu said:

I have never heard of Nopphawong train station, does anyone know where it is located? I know there is a Nopphawong  junction on Krung Kasem road and then just across the klong from the junction is a vast expanse of train lines feeding in to Hua Lamphong station which is just a few hundred meters further south.

 

This may be a mistake in the reporting or it maybe a station I'm unaware of?  I lived close to that area for nearly 15 years and have never heard of this station, I'm very curious.

Killing yourself my jumping off a train?  Maybe sprained ankle and some road rash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Killing yourself my jumping off a train?  Maybe sprained ankle and some road rash.

Not "jumping OFF a train" : "jumping UNDER / ONTO / IN FRONT a moving/coming train" !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

I have never heard of Nopphawong train station, does anyone know where it is located? I know there is a Nopphawong  junction on Krung Kasem road and then just across the klong from the junction is a vast expanse of train lines feeding in to Hua Lamphong station which is just a few hundred meters further south.

 

This may be a mistake in the reporting or it maybe a station I'm unaware of?  I lived close to that area for nearly 15 years and have never heard of this station, I'm very curious.

I found it! This is not exactly a "train station", but the "Railway Police Station"; It is located near the railway track, at the northern tip of the Hua Lamphong station site.

NOPPHAWONG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lamar said:

I found it! This is not exactly a "train station", but the "Railway Police Station"; It is located near the railway track, at the northern tip of the Hua Lamphong station site.

NOPPHAWONG.png

Yes, I know where the railway police station is, but still at a loss as to where Nopphawwong (นพวงศ์ ) train station is. I don't believe there is such a place.

 

This is not a criticism in any way of any of your posts, just trying to verify facts that are being put out there, they are stating she tried to jump in front of a train at Nopphawong train station, and I don't think there is actually such a place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see now that a Surathani prosecuter says the Samui Times will face a libellous lawsuit and a charge of violating the Computer Crime Act for damaging the reputation of Kho Tao by calling it 'Death Island', the Surathani authorities are bringing the action and suing them.
 

Edited by Laab Muu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Koh Tao mayor had the following to say about it, "The coverage damages the island's reputation and we have to take decisive action not to allow foreigners or other people to attack our economy".

 

Rotten to the core....
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Laab Muu said:

Yes, I know where the railway police station is, but still at a loss as to where Nopphawwong (นพวงศ์ ) train station is. I don't believe there is such a place.

 

This is not a criticism in any way of any of your posts, just trying to verify facts that are being put out there, they are stating she tried to jump in front of a train at Nopphawong train station, and I don't think there is actually such a place.

I assume that this is an approximate translation issue; The words of Pol Maj Gen Suthin Sapphuang have been translated slightly differently in The Nation and in a well-known Bangkokian daily newspaper. It states: "a railway track at the Nappawong railway station near Hua Lampong railway station" and "Police at the Nappawong station caught her". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lamar said:

I assume that this is an approximate translation issue; The words of Pol Maj Gen Suthin Sapphuang have been translated slightly differently in The Nation and in a well-known Bangkokian daily newspaper. It states: "a railway track at the Nappawong railway station near Hua Lampong railway station" and "Police at the Nappawong station caught her". 

Yes that is what I thought, a little lost in translation issue.

 

Cheers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DiscoDan said:

The French guy who was found hanged left a note non of the others apart from Elise were claimed to be suicide.

Thanks for the update. I still feel it a tad unusual. I suppose I had the jumpers in BKK and Pattaya  in mind. I think It rare for a note to be left.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2017 at 11:48 AM, ThaiWai said:

There are no usual suicides.  I saw a woman who stabbed herself in the heart once.  Be assured than was UNusual.  Oh, she didn't leave a note either.

Hmmmm  are you sure it wasn't a stab in the back, much more "UNusual". Or maybe not considering our location. You seem to get the been everywhere, done everything, SEEN everything on TVisa

 

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

The Koh Tao mayor had the following to say about it, "The coverage damages the island's reputation and we have to take decisive action not to allow foreigners or other people to attack our economy".

 

Rotten to the core....
 

Money #1. No surprise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 24 May 2018 01:25
Sponsors
×