Thailand Forum
Jonathan Fairfield

Thai police spokesman says Belgian tourist died from suffocation

canuckamuck    17,380

I don't think we'll ever know what actually happened. The police did their best to obfuscate any real investigation, so what you got left to work with.

I wouldn't surprised either way between suicide or another Koh Tao murder.

• Like 1

tukkytuktuk    1,653
Just now, ChrisY1 said:

It doesn't matter what comments are made here.....this a seriously sinister case, and no doubt comments will soon be stopped.

The influence from KT goes above the top!

Are you talking about the Suthep connection?

• Like 1

ChrisY1    7,603
3 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Are you talking about the Suthep connection?

A lot further above old Suthep.

lemonjelly    4,096

Burns down half of the resort she was staying in and mysteriously disappears after booking flight home..... did the owner have fire insurance or was he/she expecting compensation from the girl?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Bigdogfarang    109
57 minutes ago, bra said:

European statistics show that whilst 54% of males who commit suicide hang themselves, only 35% of females do so. The method most used by females is by taking a drug overdose usually sleeping pills. So whilst its possible that this poor woman may have committed suicide by hanging it  is unlikely and  it looks like we may never know the cause of death for sure. This becomes more upsetting for her family every day and I send my support to them - my 18 year old son was killed in an accident many years ago so I know a little of how they feel - but loosing a daughter in these circumstances must be far worse.

RIP young lady.

Highly unlikely?

you do realise 35% means over one in every three right?

as I stated earlier my theory she did try to kill herself with medication first which meant she knocked over the lamp and caused the fire at her first guesthouse that roused her and she fled - realising that hadn't worked she tried it by hanging - either way a tragic case but nothing other than koh toas reputation points to murder so far.

• Like 1

SpeakeasyThai    355

I read the article. Pleeeeeeeese!

Thais really are Kings of Mumbo Jumbo bullshit. They would win a gold medal if it was an Olympic sport.

• Like 1

sandrabbit    813

I don't know what to think with all the conflicting police/press reports, is there any news source producing a credible report of what they know happened?.

• Like 1

Juan B Tong    462

Body cremated...√

Scapegoat..√

Elusive suspect...√

All that is left to to is to find the real Serial Killer of Death Island.

• Like 1

Bigdogfarang    109
2 minutes ago, Krenjai said:

Brilliant that must have been  exactly how it went! For sure!

I would be the first one to say previous cases have been extremely suspicious and murders covered up as suicide - but it's ludicrous that it follows from

thar that it's true of every case on koh Tao - let's see what unfolds but so far zero evidence of anything other than a poor girl that had tried to take her own life before tragically succeeding this time 

• Like 2

manhood    261

Seems like in Thailand all the evidences in all killing, or murdering or self killing are just getting evidence the way how police want the evidence is should be seen from everybody!

So never ever anything has an eveidence if you see how unprofessional they are handling the facts! And they all not want to see the truth as too many "big heads'" are always involved and they want to see the things handled their way! no matter of the truth! They now want to see!