webfact

Police probe of Belgian’s death on Koh Tao finds guru left Thailand

31 posts in this topic

ID: 16   Posted

bluster,bluster and more bluster...............its only a foreigner when all said and done,just let the story die a death so the police can go back to collecting traffic fines :whistling:

ID: 17   Posted

I am more than a little surprised that this Guru bullship is still going on.  

2017-07-04_14.34.42.jpg

ID: 19   Posted

Hahahahaha, what they expected????? That he would stay the whole next month to wait for the police interrogation? Now as it is ....it's much easier to go for a suicide. No witnesses at all, not even potential ones....

ID: 20   Posted

6 hours ago, Lamar said:

In India? In Sri Lanka? It was also written that he was in Germany ... It must not be so difficult to locate him, by his plane ticket when he left the kingdom, or thanks to the interview he gave to the press a day or two ago (IP adress!). 

The police seem to really focus a lot on him: we see his photo everywhere, as yesterday at the Channel 3 News.

There are apparently not many elements against him, except for the troubling coincidence that he left Koh Pha Ngan the same day as Elise Dallemagne ... Apparently there is no testimony nor CCTV record that he would have been present on Koh Tao at the time of the death of the young woman. The police can easily check with the Emigration Department if he left the country BEFORE or AFTER the death of Elise!

The announcements describe the members of this ashram as "weird cult" ... But can we be right sure that it is really more "weird" than certain practices of what some call "Thai Buddhism"? On the professional profile of the young woman on Linkedin she displays skills in aromatherapy, naturopathy and phytotherapy; The practice of yoga and an internship in an ashram is in logical continuity with her centers of interest and professional skills.

The interest in these practices and disciplines, a little bit "New Age", tinged with "Oriental philosophies", is something quite widespread, which flourished during the "Beatles era". This is not a priori something gloomy or a mortal threat...

I think you're forgetting how difficult it might be for Thai police to locate the guru. Haven't been doing too well on the Red Bull heir and the Dammachayo monk disappearances have they? 

1 person likes this

ID: 21   Posted

21 minutes ago, joebrown said:

I think you're forgetting how difficult it might be for Thai police to locate the guru. Haven't been doing too well on the Red Bull heir and the Dammachayo monk disappearances have they? 

The guru may have charged a lot to find the meaning of life but Thammachayo charged an awful lot more!

ID: 22   Posted

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, police are also seeking van Egten’s cooperation through the Belgian Embassy in Bangkok with a request for her to send back a laptop for police to analyse for possible clues that could help their investigation.

12 hours ago, pumpjack said:

cops want her laptop back now ?  after giving it to the family with her body ,  why to hell didnt they keep it and screen it first within hours of the " murder " 

what a bunch of wan***s  !!! 

Maybe they need it back for a different reason?

ID: 23   Posted

On 7/4/2017 at 9:44 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

I have never trusted Gurus and wonder what kind of people they really are, the one in the picture

could be an axe murderer.

Geezer

I agree. Weird nonsy types. Sit around talking <deleted> and humming. Pray on the vulnerable as far as I can work out 

1 person likes this

ID: 24   Posted

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

I agree. Weird nonsy types. Sit around talking <deleted> and humming. Pray on the vulnerable as far as I can work out 

5555 I like that -pray on the vulnerable- should be longer though- pray with the vulnerable and then prey on them.

1 person likes this

ID: 25   Posted

On 7/4/2017 at 5:08 AM, webfact said:

with a request for her to send back a laptop for police to analyse for possible clues that could help their investigation.

seriously ? they didnt completely search that laptop the first time around ?!

ID: 26   Posted

On 7/4/2017 at 8:43 AM, rkidlad said:

It's really not that hard to say "We don't know yet. We are investigating and we will give information out as soon as we know and it can be verified". Only one problem there - someone having to say "We don't know". 

This is how we do it in the west. Just look at the recent terrorist attack in London. The police press conferences will not give us any details, nothing the first days. 

"We don't know" is an acceptable answer in the beginning of a case, no need to lie about that.

In Thailand the police seems to be working in a different way, any information  , even if it's just a rumor must be shared with the world and then the confusion starts.....

ID: 28   Posted

On Saturday, July 08, 2017 at 2:04 PM, YetAnother said:

seriously ? they didnt completely search that laptop the first time around ?!

If I were Elise's mother, I would have the contents of the laptop cloned, and have an expert analysis done, looking for any differences, when she gets it back.

2 people like this

why no one has raised the question why she was hiding her real name when registering in a hotel without showing her passport ? could not it be because she was running away from some one doing it discreetly ? would that some one any one other than the guru ? a local ?

4 hours ago, brd said:

why no one has raised the question why she was hiding her real name when registering in a hotel without showing her passport ?

Maybe she wanted to kill herself and not be found?