Thailand Forum
webfact

Samui Times Faces Libel Charge For Labeling Koh Tao 'Death Island'

ChrisY1    7,603

So..we see that the governor is also part of the problem.....instead of trying to improve the islands image, he chooses suing the whistleblower.....heard this many times before!

• Like 2

soalbundy    7,028

another PR failure.Talk about negative advertising.

• Like 1

Oziex1    2,588

Slowly but surely the reputation of this place is getting out into the world, might take a while for the kids to stop going.

• Like 1

soalbundy    7,028
48 minutes ago, limbos said:

Wonder whom they will actually sue. A paper that is not registered in Thailand with no staff living in Thailand. Interesting.

“As the provincial governor, I represent someone directly damaged by this.” I wonder who that is?

Himself, he will have his finger in every pie

steven100    5,753
4 hours ago, webfact said:

damaged the island’s reputation as a tourist destination

are you kidding me ....  :cheesy:

steven100    5,753
2 hours ago, Lamar said:

"The news site often refers to Koh Tao as “Death Island,” though it attributes that nickname to international media reports and expat communities."

Then The Samui Times will be sued because it reported that some international media nicknamed Koh Tao "Death Island"?... But then the Koasod English now must also be sued because it reported that The Samui nicknamed Kho Tao "Death Island"... And so on... Every media that use the words "Death Island" and "Kho Tao" in the same sentence must be sued !

Be careful ....  you might be sued ...   lol

• Like 1

cheapcanuck    51
3 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Now I wonder how long it takes until some will press charges against the TAT labeling Thailand a safe tourist destination.

Class action should do the trick...but then again Thailand doesn't follow the rules of law.

JLCrab    6,279

"On 27th April 2017 a young girl from Belgium was found dead in Koh Tao, A.K.A Death Island."

http://www.samuitimes.com/yet-another-girl-dies-strange-circumstances-koh-tao-desperate-mother-looking-information/

• Like 1