Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Yingluck plans to make her own closing statement

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The attempt to control world prices was inept and incompetent.

Was Thailand not the largest rice producer when the scheme was first planned? If so then was it such a dumb idea 
to make a big pile and have a play with the market?

4 hours ago, webfact said:
4 hours ago, webfact said:

She said she will ask for more witnesses to testify.

“I’m confident in my evidence presented to the court that I’m innocent and not neglectful,” she said. 

those two statements do not swim together

She should take a leaf out of Bill Cosby's lawyers strategy.  Keep her mouth shut and she remains a figure we can be remotely sympathetic for as the victim of her brother. 

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Let me ask you.

Is attempt to control price a crime? If so, OPEC and other cartels will be in serious trouble. 

So you feel that the she was held responsible because of rampant corruption and incompetence. Then I like to ask you whether the police chief should be charge for malfeasance because of rampant corruption in his force and his incompetence.

If you said it wasn't a subsidy, do tell me what should this be called as all the information on public domain called the scheme a subsidy program. 

They also called her a PM.

52 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Was Thailand not the largest rice producer when the scheme was first planned? If so then was it such a dumb idea 

As it cost the Thai people hundreds of billions of baht and now it is costing her a few billion, I'd say yes, it was a really dumb idea.

" However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Sir Winston Churchill 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

As it cost the Thai people hundreds of billions of baht and now it is costing her a few billion, I'd say yes, it was a really dumb idea.

" However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Sir Winston Churchill 

Sir Winston Churchill as with all leaders had some big dumb strategies in hindsight but never got prosecuted for them.

20 minutes ago, halloween said:

They also called her a PM.

She was elected PM wasn't she?

13 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Sir Winston Churchill as with all leaders had some big dumb strategies in hindsight but never got prosecuted for them.

Most leaders who find themselves in a hole stop digging.

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

None of the farmers around me got stiffed on the rice scheme, they all got paid good money for their rice and it improved their lives dramatically.  Many of those higher up scum bags stole the rice from the government and also imported cheaper rice over borders to sell to the scheme. I can't fault her for trying to help farmers but if she was aware of the graft then punish her. I think they better cover up the kick backs on big military purchases, as they are setting the bar on punishing one of the Nations leaders.

"None of the farmers around me got stiffed on the rice scheme, they all got paid good money for their rice and it improved their lives dramatically."

And those dummies on this forum afflicted by tunnel vision, may well be further confused, If following an election, a party is elected, after 'claims' of causing widespread hardship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

None of the farmers around me got stiffed on the rice scheme, they all got paid good money for their rice and it improved their lives dramatically.  Many of those higher up scum bags stole the rice from the government and also imported cheaper rice over borders to sell to the scheme. I can't fault her for trying to help farmers but if she was aware of the graft then punish her. I think they better cover up the kick backs on big military purchases, as they are setting the bar on punishing one of the Nations leaders.

Those who benefited were lucky. 

Many weren't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxpower said:

It was stupid. 

Even I saw why it wouldn't work from the get go. 

19 minutes ago, halloween said:

Most leaders who find themselves in a hole stop digging.

Could you pass that on to the submarine buyer please.