Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Yingluck plans to make her own closing statement

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I don't know why she bothers; this was decided years ago.

Some bright PTP spark had the  clever idea to keep her away from meetings, ostensibly well away, so she could deny, deny, and deny.

Unfortunately her appointing herself chairperson and then never bothering to attend any meetings let alone actually do the job rather undermines that clever idea.

Unless of course, she can explain her own unique management by absence science.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 473geo said:

"None of the farmers around me got stiffed on the rice scheme, they all got paid good money for their rice and it improved their lives dramatically."

And those dummies on this forum afflicted by tunnel vision, may well be further confused, If following an election, a party is elected, after 'claims' of causing widespread hardship.

Alas political parties and politicians do get elected time and time again after mediocre and abysmal performance. It's a wide phenomenon too - just look at the UK and other European countries.

Amazing how people will quickly forget the past when promised new wonderful things by politicians. All gonna be milk and honey tomorrow. 

55 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Sir Winston Churchill as with all leaders had some big dumb strategies in hindsight but never got prosecuted for them.

But he did attend and chair meetings; and did try is best. 

Not bunk off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxpower said:

Was Thailand not the largest rice producer when the scheme was first planned? If so then was it such a dumb idea 
to make a big pile and have a play with the market?

Yes - it was dumb and arrogant. But not surprising based on who thought it up - delusions of grandeur and power.

Unfortunately someone, like you, forgot that the second and third largest rice producer were pretty close and could also increase their supply. 

A gamble based on some very diverse variables, some of which are down to mother nature all being favorable. But a gamble with the tax payers' money not his own,

Yingluck statement : "I do nothing, I'm not understand what happen in agency I chair and I was to busy to make shopping in Paris"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Alas political parties and politicians do get elected time and time again after mediocre and abysmal performance. It's a wide phenomenon too - just look at the UK and other European countries.

Amazing how people will quickly forget the past when promised new wonderful things by politicians. All gonna be milk and honey tomorrow. 

Abysmal performance, for the country P&L yes, but for the rural population perhaps not so much as some try to make out.

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But he did attend and chair meetings; and did try is best. 

Not bunk off.

By his own admission he could have been charged with 'Drunk in charge' could he not?

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Abysmal performance, for the country P&L yes, but for the rural population perhaps not so much as some try to make out.

I won't deny our family rice farmers profited from it. Sure, had to wait several months to get paid; and use me to bridge the cash flow gap. But end of the day benefited.

But the scheme as a whole, with seemingly no or not revealed management accounts, and riddled with corruption at all levels, was really an example of negligence. It needed to be very tightly managed, unless it was always intended as a money making scheme for the boys.

The tablet for kids fiasco, the several cabinet reshuffles and bringing in all the old TRT cronies when their bans expired. The more and more obvious control by Thaksin of the whole government; climaxing in the amnesty fiasco.

Really abysmal, But yes some, including tranches of the rural population did benefit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 473geo said:

By his own admission he could have been charged with 'Drunk in charge' could he not?

What was it he said "madam I am drunk and you are ugly - but in the morning I shall be sober"!

But he played a big part in saving the UK, Europe and other parts of the world from fascist domination. Sadly he couldn't save some from Soviet domination and could along with Roosevelt be accused of betraying those peoples.

However, to be fair, I wouldn't put Yingluck in the same category as Churchill, Roosevelt or any other world leader!

3 hours ago, maxpower said:

Go on go on, bore us with the twisted details and satisfy your appetite to argue for the sake of arguing.

You believe Thaksin then - that he and his family have never done anything wrong, in their lives, never ever?

Research how many of them have convictions and ongoing court cases against them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i hope she wears a sexy outfit.

I'm with you but I think she would still look sexy even wearing a chaff bag with holes cut in it. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The other subsidies were on budget, included in the governments budget and had accounts.

This was off budget, apparently with no accounts but was assured to be self financing. 

Can you see the difference Eric?

Please please find me a definition of subsidy with the mode of funding. I am waiting.