Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

New immigration boss vows deep investigation of expats

10 minutes ago, amvet said:

I must be confused I thought you were the guy who couldn't figure out how to get a retirement extension in Thailand?

You are not confused ............

• Like 1

Some off topic posts that are hijacking the topic have been removed, topic is about about a New immigration boss  in Pattaya.

If you wish to discuss visa procedure please do so in the visa forum thank you.

I have from a reliable source that 2 weeks ago 25 plain clothes inspectors were moved from Bangkok to Pattaya.

Their task is to clean up Pattaya from foreigners who engage in illegal activities, working without work permits, running businesses without license etc.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 9:47 AM, janclaes47 said:

I have from a reliable source that 2 weeks ago 25 plain clothes inspectors were moved from Bangkok to Pattaya.

Their task is to clean up Pattaya from foreigners who engage in illegal activities, working without work permits, running businesses without license etc.

so every farang in pattaya will now be acosted

1 minute ago, YetAnother said:

so every farang in pattaya will now be acosted

The only thing i know is that an extra 25 plain clothes inspectors, on top of the one that were active already, can investigate a lot of foreigners without them being aware.

Heard that checks were made on expats in some of the BanChang bars recently for visas etc.

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:07 AM, jpinx said:

Ten years of staying on annual extensions based on retirement have shown me only a few small administrative changes to the requirement and the process. ;) 

Different offices have different requirements.

If the new boss wants to, he can make it so difficult to get an extension, than many would give up. That would solve the "problem" of pesky farangs wanting to stay long time in LOS.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the new boss wants to, he can make it so difficult to get an extension, than many would give up. That would solve the "problem" of pesky farangs wanting to stay long time in LOS.

Why should different offices have different requirements? There should be a standard procedure that is applied across the board, and all Immigration Officers should be aware of this procedure from the day they begin their employment!.

Why should different offices have different requirements? There should be a standard procedure that is applied across the board, and all Immigration Officers should be aware of this procedure from the day they begin their employment!.

Wrong country. Should? 55555
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wrong country. Should? 55555

In Thai is there a difference in translation between should and shall?????

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

In Thai is there a difference in translation between should and shall?????

About a 1,000baht :whistling:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sambum said:

LOL.

You are applying western logic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL.

You are applying western logic.

Yes - sorry - forgot where I was for a minute!

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

this is my real fear; this would thin out the farang, which it seems a growing number of people believe