Jump to content
Thailand Forum
rooster59

Authorities fire back over Koh Tao ‘Death Island’ label

Recommended Posts

AGareth2    3,192
3 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

and sometimes rumors just end up being rumors.

but not in this case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tukkytuktuk    1,653
4 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

and sometimes rumors just end up being rumors.

That will take someone or few coming forward with demonstrable irrefutable corrabable evidence and not just the hearsay that 'everybody knows'  and so what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docshock13    2,412
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DiscoDan said:

The other paper is saying the defense team of the B2 failed to lodge an appeal to the supreme court  and the case is now closed, anyone else heard this ?

I read that too, but from the same source as you. Have yet to see it reported in another source. 

 

According to the link below, the final appeal extension & deadline granted was 23 May. Have yet to read anything other than the BP that indicates the defense missed that deadline. 

 

Though I note one troubling thing from the article: the interpreter was barred from visiting the B2 along with the the lawyers (hence the request for the extension back in April). 

 

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/thai-court-sets-final-appeal-deadline-for-koh-tao-murder-case.html

Edited by docshock13
Amendment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiscoDan    554
14 minutes ago, docshock13 said:

I read that too, but from the same source as you. Have yet to see it reported in another source. 

 

According to the link below, the final appeal extension & deadline granted was 23 May. Have yet to read anything other than the BP that indicates the defense missed that deadline. 

 

Though I note one troubling thing from the article: the interpreter was barred from visiting the B2 along with the the lawyers (hence the request for the extension back in April). 

 

 

They said they had managed to get an extension till the 21st July, let's see if the defense comes out and refutes this claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JLCrab    6,279
Posted (edited)

No warning about the dangers?? This is from the UK Government Travel website:
Foreign Travel Advice: THAILAND

CRIME
Violent sexual assaults and unprovoked attacks have been reported in popular tourist destinations, including in the Koh Samui archipelago and Krabi province. These are particularly common during the monthly Full Moon parties and generally occur late at night near bars.

Drink spiking has been reported in tourist destinations around Thailand, with both male and female victims. Be careful about taking drinks from strangers and at clubs and parties, or leaving your drinks unattended, particularly in Koh Samui, Pattaya and at the Full Moon party on Koh Phangan, where date rapes have been reported.

Alcohol and drugs can lead to you being less alert, less in control and less aware of your environment resulting in accidents, injuries, robbery, assaults and lost travel documents. If you drink, know your limit. Drinks served in bars overseas are often stronger than those in the UK. Some British nationals in Thailand have suffered severe psychiatric problems because of drug use, resulting in some suicides.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/safety-and-security

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JLCrab    6,279
1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

That will take someone or few coming forward with demonstrable irrefutable corrabable evidence and not just the hearsay t and just hearsay.hat 'everybody knows'  and so what?

And if they can't then the rumor will stay a rumor and just hearsay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rockingrobin    1,176
1 hour ago, AGareth2 said:

read it the same as you

if true

then disappointing

From the BP article , Christina Anneseley ; no other human dna, and died from taking drugs and alcohol.

 

There was another person with her a few hours before Christina was discovered, and no toxicolgy report with no investigation to determine if the mixture was sufficient to cause her death.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StealthEnergiser    4,661

Another blunder from police :

 

Another news source is  quoting  "Pol Maj Gen Apichart saying  that the window to supreme court appeal has closed without one being filed."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tukkytuktuk    1,653
18 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

And if they can't then the rumor will stay a rumor and just hearsay.

 In my opinion, everybody thinks they know because someone who says they know talked to someone who thinks they know because someone told them what they think they know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JLCrab    6,279

Which leaves you with AIR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NanLaew    8,215
36 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

 

They said they had managed to get an extension till the 21st July, let's see if the defense comes out and refutes this claim.

Who is 'they' and where did you read this?

 

13 minutes ago, StealthEnergiser said:

Another blunder from police :

 

Another news source is  quoting  "Pol Maj Gen Apichart saying  that the window to supreme court appeal has closed without one being filed."

 

Maybe he didn't get the memo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StealthEnergiser    4,661
1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Who is 'they' and where did you read this?

 

Maybe he didn't get the memo?

the source we can't quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tukkytuktuk    1,653
9 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Which leaves you with AIR.

Boy we've heard that one before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
survivalblue    132
Posted (edited)

I won't recommend visiting there to any young caucasian people.

Edited by survivalblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 20 September 2017 08:55
Sponsors
×