Thailand Forum
Ridge

Milford - Cliff View condo buildings Phala

overherebc    4,285

Most of the land/houses being bought in the area are being bought by BKK money, not for somewhere to live but just for future value for their own kids etc.

It doesn't matter if the house they buy is lived in or not so can sit there and rot for the next ten or fifteen years. 

Everyone somehow believes that in 3 or 4 years all will look lovely and wonderful along the coast in BanChang but my vision is somewhat different having known the area since the early 90's.

My opinion only, obviously others may think different.

• Like 1

Jessi    2,929
14 hours ago, overherebc said:

Most of the land/houses being bought in the area are being bought by BKK money, not for somewhere to live but just for future value for their own kids etc.

It doesn't matter if the house they buy is lived in or not so can sit there and rot for the next ten or fifteen years. 

Everyone somehow believes that in 3 or 4 years all will look lovely and wonderful along the coast in BanChang but my vision is somewhat different having known the area since the early 90's.

My opinion only, obviously others may think different.

I think the same. 

overherebc    4,285
1 hour ago, Jessi said:

I think the same. 

Was talking to a woman from Bangkok,  her and hubby quite well off, who are almost finished building a house in the area.

I mentioned that the road the house sits on was already starting to 'come apart' after only a year.

Doesn't matter she said, you don't see it when you're in the house.

• Like 1

Jessi    2,929
4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Was talking to a woman from Bangkok,  her and hubby quite well off, who are almost finished building a house in the area.

I mentioned that the road the house sits on was already starting to 'come apart' after only a year.

Doesn't matter she said, you don't see it when you're in the house.

overherebc    4,285
18 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

I believe that some of the Milford residents belong the the Ban Chang Round Table Society. They have daily meetings to solve local, national and international issues outside a small shop next to the Pala roundabout. They should be able to give you the good the bad and the ugly about the Milford.

Membership is by invitation only I've heard so tread carefully when approaching especially late in the afternoon.

• Like 1

Jessi    2,929
1 hour ago, Big Guns said:

I believe that some of the Milford residents belong the the Ban Chang Round Table Society. They have daily meetings to solve local, national and international issues outside a small shop next to the Pala roundabout. They should be able to give you the good the bad and the ugly about the Milford.

That group is known as "The swollen prostrate club"  :stoner:

• Like 1

overherebc    4,285

Way off topic I know and I don't why it came into my head but I had a sudden vision of a volcano erupting and the beach area being covered in ash suddenly.

A couple of thousand years from now someone like Sir David A discussing the uncovering of what could be some kind of local senior administration group along with a couple of serving ladies preserved forever in the ash.

Sorry, next post back on topic, honestly.

• Like 2

Jessi    2,929
24 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Way off topic I know and I don't why it came into my head but I had a sudden vision of a volcano erupting and the beach area being covered in ash suddenly.

A couple of thousand years from now someone like Sir David A discussing the uncovering of what could be some kind of local senior administration group along with a couple of serving ladies preserved forever in the ash.

Sorry, next post back on topic, honestly.

Stay off topic I like it.:smile:

Posted (edited)
On 11/07/2017 at 8:29 AM, Big Guns said:

I believe that some of the Milford residents belong the the Ban Chang Round Table Society. They have daily meetings to solve local, national and international issues outside a small shop next to the Pala roundabout. 

Hahahah!!!:cheesy::burp:

Edited by jacobsladder

thehelmsman    1,439
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:50 AM, Jessi said:

Stay off topic I like it.:smile:

Get a room.

Jessi    2,929
34 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Get a room.

I could say something but I would be banned. GET ......

thehelmsman    1,439
11 hours ago, Jessi said:

I could say something but I would be banned. GET ......

Get, get......come on you can say it. Stop by the round table and I'll buy you a beer.

overherebc    4,285
On 09/07/2017 at 9:30 PM, thehelmsman said:

There's a house, ocean front in downtown Phala Beach. Price is 16 mil.

The supposed new 7-11 coming to town won't help prices either. Land prices for building site are also nutty.

Heard that yesterday (7/11 story). Didn't know the place was a small hotel a good few years ago.

Also means the BanChang Round Table Club will have to find a new venue.