Thailand Forum
webfact

Koh Tao Death: Police Say Final Frame Shows Tourist Buying Ticket Off Island

webfact    24,317

Koh Tao Death: Police Say Final Frame Shows Tourist Buying Ticket Off Island

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

q1-1024x576-696x460.jpg  

Police on Koh Tao released this still image showing what they said was Elise Dallemagne on April 21 after she bought a ticket to leave the island days before her body was discovered.

KOH TAO — Police on Koh Tao said Tuesday that CCTV footage shows a 30-year-old Belgian tourist buying a ferry ticket for the mainland in what they describe as the last known footage of her alive.

In a low-resolution image from a security camera, a person police said is Elise Dallemagne is seen at about 9am on April 21 walking past the Montalay Beach Resort less than a week before she was found hanged from a tree in a wooded area 200 meters away. The ticket was never used.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/07/11/koh-tao-death-police-say-final-frame-shows-tourist-buying-ticket-off-island/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-07-11

DiscoDan    554

This is old news cctv image have been circulating for days.

• Like 2

bannork    3,041

I see there's news that the Belgian embassy told Elise's mother that rather than jumping in front of a train on April 4th, she had in fact been standing too close to the tracks, and  that Elise could have been showing the symptoms of decompensation - the inability to respond to normal changes and stress- as seen in bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, severe depression, deep anxiety.

But two of Elise's friends told Elise's mother she seemed fine after being  released from the hospital, as her Mum felt nine days before her death in a Skype call with her.

Was Elise proscribed medicine by the institute (the article doesn't mention it) and did she stop taking it or lose it? 

Did she not want to be found?  The changing of her surname and refusal to give her passport number, the decision to let her luggage carry on to Chumpon hint at a decision to go off alone and untraceable.

• Like 1

hanssna    137
12 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Suicide attempts often show quite a good deal of preparation and demonstrate a logical sequence of events.

I'm failing to see the logic and do know that fire is very good at destroying evidence.

If she suffered from schizophrenia, there is not much logic to grasp in her behaviour. 

• Like 2

ChrisY1    7,603
2 hours ago, DiscoDan said:

This is old news cctv image have been circulating for days.

And so??? Maybe not all TV people have seen this...

• Like 1

bannork    3,041
36 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

And you accuse others of wild speculation :coffee1:.

By the way, what happened to that news you told us we'd be reading in the press about Elise's mum accepting the police story of suicide?

The news was in the Thai press but I've yet to see any signs of you being able to read Thai. If you can, let me know and I'll look for the articles. But as you live in the UK and express a constant keen interest in Thailand perhaps you have a Thai wife who obviously could translate any articles for you.

My speculation doesn't involve accusations of murder as so many on here do.