Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

Video: Freak accident as cyclist killed in tour bus accident at Cha-Am beach.

snoop1130    602

Video: Freak accident as cyclist killed by tour bus at Cha-Am beach

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO2DCx2ik24y4F6B1h.jpg

A 60 year old Thai woman from Bangkok was killed Sunday when she came off her bicycle at Cha-Am beach and was run over at low speed by a tour bus.

The incident was caught clearly on CCTV. The cyclist - named later as Suchanan Santijitrungreuang - collided with a female pedestrian and came off to her right.

She was immediately run over by the bus that appeared to have no chance to brake in time even if the driver had seen what happened.

The lady, an assistant to the director at a school in Jatujak, Bangkok, was rushed to hospital in Petchaburi after the midday accident on Sunday.

She was declared dead later that evening.

The accident happened near the end of Soi Cha-Am Nua 3.

*Warning graphic content*

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1001165

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-7-11

Jingthing    33,672

I guess the acid test would be if the police are looking for the pedestrian to press charges. I doubt it. Also I don't think running away is a crime here either in this kind of unusual case. 

• Like 1

craigt3365    17,350
26 minutes ago, impulse said:

Should be noted that this doesn't go into the traffic fatality stats since the poor victim wasn't declared dead until she was in hospital.  They only count the ones declared at the scene.

Begging the question, how bad are the roads....really?

The stats are much worse than reported.  Not only for Thailand, but also other countries like China.

• Like 2

impulse    11,577
11 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

The stats are much worse than reported.  Not only for Thailand, but also other countries like China.

It's a winning formula.  They don't count the fatalities if they aren't declared at the scene.  And the responders to the scene aren't legally entitled (qualified?) to declare somebody dead.  Simple, eh?

Guarantees a prettier than real number.  Some studies comparing hospital numbers vs traffic bureau numbers show it can be off by up to an order of magnitude.  But the study authors were prosecuted...state secrets and defamation, ya know.  And you're right.  Not specific to Thailand.

• Like 1

catman20    2,066
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Horrendous accident.

The poor lady must have been in so much pain and distress, from the accident to the time she passed away.

R.I.P.

i would like to think she was in shock and not aware and out cold as soon as the bus hit her.  

nice to see the lady who was walking run away typical Thai behavior . poor lady RIP 

Edited by catman20
  • Like 2