Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

Video: Freak accident as cyclist killed in tour bus accident at Cha-Am beach.

mommysboy    1,323
Posted (edited)

I think the pedestrian was at fault, but because she was already in the road sometime before the accident then the cyclist should have been aware.  Is it me or did the pedestrian stumble out a bit just before?  Absolutely tragic.  It highlights the need to go very slow in busy built up areas.  Awful event.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 2

Eli1    98
On 26/07/2017 at 5:27 AM, foxboy said:

I do only ride in UK. I am merely suggesting that the lady cyclist could have taken her eyes off the road ahead, for a couple of seconds, as I often do.

You seem to be allowing the pedestrian's ignorant behaviour because 'this is Thailand'. I'm sorry but I don't see it that way, that a cyclist on the road should be the one who stops to allow a daydreaming pedestrian to walk past. 

As I have said before, if the lady was riding a motorbike or sam-lor instead, the pedestrian would NOT have walked into her path. Or if she had, she would be the one coming off worst.

You have every right to see it differently, but this is how I see it

Your on the money foxboy I wouldn't worry about what anyone says that pedestrian was a bloody idiot she caused the death of that cyclist and run away like a little gutless dog she was.

• Like 2

Nowisee    706

I don't see how it was the pedestrian fault totally.  even if she did wonder out another 6".. the cyclist riding in that area has to be alert and able to yield left or right.  It looked like the cyclist had room between the bus and the pedestrian.  I would not have ridden so close to a pedestrian...or at least a verbal alert as I was doing so.  
Total freak accident and I would not put absolute blame on either person.  
I feel for the friend... coming back and seeing your riding partner wreathing on the ground dying would be tough.

Never been in that area, but big buses IMO are a PITA and should not be allowed in many areas.  Those areas were never designed for them.  
Anyway, sad situation for the cycling community.

• Confused 1

Eli1    98
On 13/08/2017 at 4:09 PM, Nowisee said:

I don't see how it was the pedestrian fault totally.  even if she did wonder out another 6".. the cyclist riding in that area has to be alert and able to yield left or right.  It looked like the cyclist had room between the bus and the pedestrian.  I would not have ridden so close to a pedestrian...or at least a verbal alert as I was doing so.  
Total freak accident and I would not put absolute blame on either person.  
I feel for the friend... coming back and seeing your riding partner wreathing on the ground dying would be tough.

Never been in that area, but big buses IMO are a PITA and should not be allowed in many areas.  Those areas were never designed for them.  
Anyway, sad situation for the cycling community.

Oh really you didn't see pedestrian just walking out without looking?

I'm just wondering if you watching the same video we are...lol

I'd say the cyclist was alert the whole time but when you got somebody that just pops out in front of you it's a bit hard to avoid.... the funny thing is we can all see the video but we are all coming up with different thoughts I mean you can see clearly that the pedestrian bumped into the cyclist.

When your on a bicycle and somebody pops out in front of you like that it's a bit hard to react really quick that's why she came off the bike do you think she really wanted to go under a bus.

Edited by Eli1

Nowisee    706
19 hours ago, Eli1 said:

Oh really you didn't see pedestrian just walking out without looking?

I'm just wondering if you watching the same video we are...lol

I'd say the cyclist was alert the whole time but when you got somebody that just pops out in front of you it's a bit hard to avoid.... the funny thing is we can all see the video but we are all coming up with different thoughts I mean you can see clearly that the pedestrian bumped into the cyclist.

When your on a bicycle and somebody pops out in front of you like that it's a bit hard to react really quick that's why she came off the bike do you think she really wanted to go under a bus.

You can interpret it the way you want.  I do not see the person "popping" out.  The  bumping into the cyclist is the same as the cyclist bumping into the person.  The angle of the camera does not let me see the distance, but it does not look like the person moved very much.. and IMO, as a cyclist I just would not ride that close to a person and if I did, certainly not at speed with traffic around.  It also comes down to experience.    
My riding experience I have never plowed into a person.

Your last question is just stupid.

Edited by Nowisee
  • Like 1

balo    5,391
19 hours ago, Eli1 said:

I'd say the cyclist was alert the whole time but when you got somebody that just pops out in front of you it's a bit hard to avoid...

If we could watch a video of the cyclist starting 200 meters before the accident it would be easier to prove that the cyclist was speeding and did not slow down enough , the visibility should not be a problem  .