Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

Video: Freak accident as cyclist killed in tour bus accident at Cha-Am beach.

The headline "Freak Accident" implies this is something unusual or rare.  Sadly cyclist and motorcycle accidents are a daily occurrence and need to be addressed using all means possible.

A horrible tragedy with no one to blame in my opinion.
Looks like the poor cyclist wasn't able to manoeuvre in time and couldn't avoid a minor bump into the pedestrian which made her cause unbalance and tripped.

6 hours ago, piersbeckett said:

Poor woman - a case for riding more slowly with greater concentration in such a congested area, having a mirror fixed to your bike or checking the situation behind you frequently, not using the road as the pavement/sidewalk and the pavement as a commercial area (forcing pedestrians on to the carriageway) and having tighter parking restrictions particularly on such a busy beach road.

To me it's a wonder such accidents don't occur more often - awful news and a warning to us all.

A warning to all of us, well said?

2 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

The fat woman who caused the accident certainly disappeared fast enough.  Arguably most cyclists might have seen the threat that a fat woman walking carelessly in the road might pose.

I think the cyclist should have stopped. She veered away from the bus and hit the pedestrian, then bounced off. Very difficult to make split second decisions though. I went under a truck trailer riding a bike, luckily between the two sets of wheels as the truck suddenly shot across an intersection, so appreciate how quickly it can all turn petong. Luckily the truck had to stop because a vehicle was in front of him, he never even knew I was there.

I see the TVF slueths are out chucking blame around as usual. Must be a blessed life to sit on the Internet all day judging others

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Are you talking about yourself, sitting on the internet and judging others?

of course and you too :)

Just now, PremiumLane said:

of course and you too :)

Not really old mate, I'm holding you to your own standards. You know the saying "people in glass houses"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JamJar said:

Perhaps you missed the bit where I wrote that she wasn't paying attention because she was looking at her phone. Not because she was walking on the road.  It's quite possible that the cyclist had clip in pedals, so couldn't jump off the bike easily.

That's not the point. The cyclist should be aware of being overtaken by any car. And it doesn't matter if the woman got her phone or was just walking.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

How sickening that we are openly invited to watch a video of another human being maimed. Then, perversly all invited to comment and give our opinions of how, why, or just the usual anti Thai rhetoric that infests thai visa.

What a wonderful Utopia we have created. 

Thai internet (mainly on FB) are full of even more sickening content.

FB allows it and does not nothing when reporting.

The OP clearly says "graphic content".

Edited by Sunak

Very sad news. Again another death on a bicycle. There have already been more incidents than last year it seems. Accidents happen, people get distracted by phones and Cyclists get fatigue etc etc. RIP to the women, horribly painful way for her to go.  Expect the unexpected always...