Jonathan Fairfield

Must Read
Briton survives three days in the jungle after Samui waterfall plunge

86 posts in this topic

Found this picture on a search on Khun Si waterfall, this is how you break your leg...

discovered.jpg

2 people like this

Saw this as well on Tripadvisor. I hope it has something to do with the camera angle and this guy is not really sliding down there.

Or like this.

2 people like this

1,5 year ago at same falls.

1 person likes this

Fair play to the Thais. I recently grounded my car whilst reversing off a parking slab outside a shop that only had a slope for half its width, so had a wheel hanging off a two foot drop. My stupid fault.

within two minutes five Thai guys came from a nearby building site and lifted my car back on to the slab. They were even embarrassed to take a tip. 

Thanks Chiang Mai site builders, you were great. Parking slab builders, not so great! 

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

1,5 year ago at same falls.

The whole rope thingy looks a bit dodgy. IMO the area should be closed off to visitors at this point but ideally the local government should give the property owner some time and money to construct proper walkways and stairs. 

2 people like this

Intrepid people these Brits, always falling over in odd places and surviving.

7 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Fair play to the Thais. I recently grounded my car whilst reversing off a parking slab outside a shop that only had a slope for half its width, so had a wheel hanging off a two foot drop. My stupid fault.

within two minutes five Thai guys came from a nearby building site and lifted my car back on to the slab. They were even embarrassed to take a tip. 

Thanks Chiang Mai site builders, you were great. Parking slab builders, not so great! 

I always found Thais to be quite helpful. Not so much with directions, but with helping out when your vehicle breaks down or when you fall down while walking etc.

1 person likes this

He lost all his food when the cork fell out

9 minutes ago, wump said:

I always found Thais to be quite helpful. Not so much with directions, but with helping out when your vehicle breaks down or when you fall down while walking etc.

Fall down walking ?

Lucky he survived and hope he will be fully recovered soon. Thanks to those who carried out the search and rescue operation 

"He was only found after a local in Mae Nam saw a motorbike parked near a path leading down to the Khun Sri falls."

Kudos for him and his initiative.

He saved the guy's life.

1 person likes this

Fall down walking ?

If I want to go from Lamai to Mae Nam, I take the jungle route so for me it's kind of a main road. Pretty well built and I am not quite sure why not more people are taking it during the daytime.

As a man of advanced years, and an afficiado of Bundy OP rum, I find it quite easy to fall down while walking!

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 people like this

Our prayers are with him and we hope his recovery is speedy. One thing is sure he live each day henceforth knowing how lucky he is to be alive and enjoy life's good things be it the warmth of the sun, wine , women or song.