webfact

Aussie victim blamed for his death by Thai parasailing men

233 posts in this topic

This video explains/shows some slow-motion and stills to illustrate what was likely a critical failure by parasailing operators ... allowing straps to slip under John Hussey's arms 

2 people like this

8 hours ago, idannyb said:

This video explains/shows some slow-motion and stills to illustrate what was likely a critical failure by parasailing operators ... allowing straps to slip under John Hussey's arms 

Nothing new here.

Has been explained the same on the other thread by several posters.

Does confirm in slo-mo though as a friend of mine said, that the Thai guy actually looked at the harness being under instead of over the shoulder @ 4:34-35.and did nothing.

Thats plain weird.

As for the comment on here after explaining about Rogers arm being strangled which is correct, they then say that he appeared to wave to people and therefore created the end result.

Thats crazy..the guys was simply trying to relieve the strangling effect.

Until pics and/or info telling if he was still in the harness or not,this is all just theory, albeit some plausible theory.

Edited by happyas
2 people like this

10 hours ago, idannyb said:

Thank you .... Best explantion yet here on Thaivisa.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

Thank you .... Best explantion yet here on Thaivisa.

Like i said, nothing new on this.

Maybe the best "presented" explanation for those who couldn't understand the crux of the matter presented on other threads.

1 person likes this

On 7/14/2017 at 1:39 AM, psyvolt said:

Ummmmm, they haven't let them go. Maybe try getting facts correct before going in with your rambling post.

Part of my quote: What other reaction could we have expected? Denial, obfuscation, and perhaps a setup, for the authorities to let these worms go, who may have a wealthy backer, who is influential, and is staging this whole charade. What are the chances this foreigner actually let himself go, as they insist? Was he not harnessed in? It is all about the work of cowards. Saving face.

Now, did I say anywhere the men had been let go? Perhaps you might benefit by reading posts, prior to commenting on them? I said perhaps it was a preamble to letting them go. Which may indeed be the case if they are connected, or the business is owned by someone with influence. 

And by calling my posts rambling, are you referring to the fact that they are more than 18 words? That some thought had been put into them prior to posting? 

Nothing new here.

Has been explained the same on the other thread by several posters.

Does confirm in slo-mo though as a friend of mine said, that the Thai guy actually looked at the harness being under instead of over the shoulder @ 4:34-35.and did nothing.

Thats plain weird.

As for the comment on here after explaining about Rogers arm being strangled which is correct, they then say that he appeared to wave to people and therefore created the end result.

Thats crazy..the guys was simply trying to relieve the strangling effect.

Until pics and/or info telling if he was still in the harness or not,this is all just theory, albeit some plausible theory.

Deleted

[/url]  

Looks like the Thai guy realized what was happening just before lift off, but too late as there was too much tension on the towline, then proceeds to try and rescue the Aussie guy by grabbing him with his legs. I'm sure the Thai guys feel terrible about this, it was an awful accident which I put down to a lack of proper training and regulation. Yes, they're trying to wriggle out of doing time in jail .....in all honesty, knowing that a stretch inside wouldn't return the Aussie to this mortal coil, I'd be having a "it wasn't me" moment too.

Sent from my shed using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Looks like the Thai guy realized what was happening just before lift off, but too late as there was too much tension on the towline, then proceeds to try and rescue the Aussie guy by grabbing him with his legs. I'm sure the Thai guys feel terrible about this, it was an awful accident which I put down to a lack of proper training and regulation. Yes, they're trying to wriggle out of doing time in jail .....in all honesty, knowing that a stretch inside wouldn't return the Aussie to this mortal coil, I'd be having a "it wasn't me" moment too.

Sent from my shed using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"Looks like the Thai guy realized what was happening just before lift off, but too late as there was too much tension on the towline, then proceeds to try and rescue the Aussie guy by grabbing him with his legs"

Nothing on any videos presented that show anything remotely like that happening.

1 person likes this