Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Aussie victim blamed for his death by Thai parasailing men

Yeah, but. . . 

If the characters in the picture are the "parasailing men", I reckon I'd think twice before letting them take me for any kind of ride.

• Like 2

Operating a company on a public beach without the proper licenses, paperwork, insurances,safety procedures, seems like a very long time.Here is an idea how about to check all these (fake) companies on all thaibeaches about these formalities including the Jetski boys!

• Like 1

Well, of course!  :sleep:

3 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Here's my prediction; the operator pays tea money to avoid prosecution, Raster man gets scape gloated and, business goes on as usual.

Surely there's no cause to gloat.

• Like 2

How can the victim be blamed for what was two operators incompetence not looking after his safety first ?

What did the victim knew of parasailing ?

Another avoidable death on the islands........

Now everyone should know how dangerous it is to be on your own in the hands of islanders not thinking of

safety but only of money....

We all know if looking like haven that can be hell.....and it shows its danger much too often by road, sea, air and etc...etc...

Why five hospitals are open 24/7/365 on a small island if not for emergencies ?

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Sorry, disagree.

It matters not. Many MANY Thai's adopt this perspective, they even voice it at times. Witnessed it in more than one fraught incident. Living in Thailand it's a mindset you'd be well advised to accept exists, if you don't want to be driven insane in almost any dispute, and feel as though you' ve been treated unfairly.  Usually the more serious the matter the more likely this belief is voiced by a Thai in defence of a Thai, against a farang complaint. I have one friend for whom this argument cost him millions of bht unfairly, it was that or face jail, despite a kid running out in front of him on Songkan with water pistol in hand and he's far from alone, but then what is fairness, its just a point of view. Remember Aliens shouldn't land if they don't want to be spotted.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KOZMO said:

I think you need to pull your head out ...... :shock1:

Great inspirational input by the way, on this story.

Resorting to insulting instead of debating says a lot about you.

• Like 1

The man let go and fell!! but he was in a harness so who undone the harness? Ether way the tourist did not look like a para gliding expert in the film so I doubt he would have undone the harness. I smell a rat.

Health & Safety has to be FOOLPROOF - especially in holiday venues like Pattaya........ it clearly wasn't, there can be no excuse, regardless of how "accident-free" they claim to be it sounds it was more by luck than intent.

Just take it on the chin and Pattaya will be seen as a responsible place as regards H&S - obfuscate and prevaricate and it just reinforces the image that no-one in Thailand every accepts responsibility for their actions.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, swanny321 said:

I don't suppose there'll be an insurance payout any time soon?

The beach guys have no insurance.

Any travel insurance likely voided due to 'dangerous' activity.

Edited by LivinginKata
typo
  • Like 1

Really sorry that dead body cannot speak anything. Only truth is the statement of these sunglasses clans. This case will go off with 500 fine, until they found a scapegoat.

21 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Health & Safety has to be FOOLPROOF - especially in holiday venues like Pattaya........ it clearly wasn't, there can be no excuse, regardless of how "accident-free" they claim to be it sounds it was more by luck than intent.

Just take it on the chin and Pattaya will be seen as a responsible place as regards H&S - obfuscate and prevaricate and it just reinforces the image that no-one in Thailand every accepts responsibility for their actions.

but this incident was on Phuket

14 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Really sorry that dead body cannot speak anything. Only truth is the statement of these sunglasses clans. This case will go off with 500 fine, until they found a scapegoat.

They already found the scapegoat - the Aussie guy.

I would have expected the usual small fine but according to news reports these 2 guys are in the main Phuket prison so maybe the BiB are taking this ore seriously, no police station fine, go through the court system. We will to wait and see.

• Like 1