webfact

Video reveals the cause of Pattaya’s filthy beach

72 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

"Pattaya dirty secret. The sewers are going right into the water. This includes shit, vomit, chemical waste, food waste, and everything else."

This has been going on for years!  Why, suddenly, is it news!

Moti ....  I walk the beach walk every day, I rent a chair once in a while but NEVER go in the water. Not even to pee like the locals do. It amazes me the amount of so called "quality tourists" that actually come here to swim in this beach. Also not mentioned in the report.... When it rains, where does all that filthy drainage go to? 555 of course, the beach! 

2 people like this

my understanding is that most of the sewage does not go into the sea, its just when it floods that the sewage goes into the sea

Simple treat the sewerage with secondary filtration , Next place on all exit pipes from stormwater catchments that carry excess waste from streets such as plastic bags etc. to the beach. Does the govt look at short term with pump the shit straight onto the beach for the next 20 years rather than clean up the water and waste in 2 years and if so the tourist beach will eventually become a desert/cesspool. IF THAT,s the choice being shortcuts then  NO BAHT. NO BUSINESS NO BRIBERY AS NO TOURIST

7 hours ago, xerostar said:

After seeing these disgusting beaches I feel that something needs to be done.

It's no use just posting our opinions here on TV

The Thais need some help to see the serious problems and to understand  the impact of these problems on their country..

I think it's a matter of educating everyone to feel the same disgust that we expats feel and let them know it doesn't have to be like this.

I think the expat population of Thailand should get together with the help of TV to make a  signed petition  to the government stating our concerns that not enough is being done to protect the environment and our fear that Thailand's beautiful landscape is rapidly being destroyed.

The media need to get involved as well since they have a huge influence on what Thais think.

There could be parallel petitions complaining about the other major issues such as safety and education.

I don't know how many expats there are in Thailand but surely we have enough voices to make a difference.

I wonder if a few local campaigns can be conducted to raise money to clean up beaches by purchasing tractors and rakes to clean the sand of debri every day..

Of course the authorities need to stop raw sewerage and rubbish from getting into the sea by whatever means possible.

Don't waste time farting against thunder springs to mind.

😆😆

World Class Resort, who are they trying to fool?  Definately a world class sewer and try an argue with the footage.  What a world class disgusting place.

57 minutes ago, pattayadon said:

Moti ....  I walk the beach walk every day, I rent a chair once in a while but NEVER go in the water. Not even to pee like the locals do. It amazes me the amount of so called "quality tourists" that actually come here to swim in this beach. Also not mentioned in the report.... When it rains, where does all that filthy drainage go to? 555 of course, the beach! 

You're like me I would never put a toe in the toxic waste called a Thai sea.

ID: 37   Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, xerostar said:

After seeing these disgusting beaches I feel that something needs to be done.

It's no use just posting our opinions here on TV

The Thais need some help to see the serious problems and to understand  the impact of these problems on their country..

I think it's a matter of educating everyone to feel the same disgust that we expats feel and let them know it doesn't have to be like this.

I think the expat population of Thailand should get together with the help of TV to make a  signed petition  to the government stating our concerns that not enough is being done to protect the environment and our fear that Thailand's beautiful landscape is rapidly being destroyed.

The media need to get involved as well since they have a huge influence on what Thais think.

There could be parallel petitions complaining about the other major issues such as safety and education.

I don't know how many expats there are in Thailand but surely we have enough voices to make a difference.

I wonder if a few local campaigns can be conducted to raise money to clean up beaches by purchasing tractors and rakes to clean the sand of debri every day..

Of course the authorities need to stop raw sewerage and rubbish from getting into the sea by whatever means possible.

True and at least government could notice that spending money on water treatment plants over some unnecessary submarines has positive effects on all creatures including human.

But it is sad to say that government is ruled but junta!

Edited by nasanews
ADDED

Never mind "SIN CITY"............ Focus on this........ Pattaya will lose many more 'high end' tourists from this 'stinky' publicity............. PATTAYA is so 'nasty' and it is not the bars that is doing it.......  Wake up, PATTAYA........

"You can fool some of the people ALL the time..... and fool ALL of the people part of the time...... BUT you CANNOT fool ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME"...................

There is a reason why Thailand smell so bad..... :sick:

26 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

I can only add my screen shot from my video from a few weeks back near Walking Street....😳😱

IMG_5721.PNG

Gosh you are horrible for posting this picture, I barely can hold my gutts.

2 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Never mind "SIN CITY"............ Focus on this........ Pattaya will lose many more 'high end' tourists from this 'stinky' publicity............. PATTAYA is so 'nasty' and it is not the bars that is doing it.......  Wake up, PATTAYA........

"You can fool some of the people ALL the time..... and fool ALL of the people part of the time...... BUT you CANNOT fool ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME"...................

In Thailand you can fool all People ALL of the time.... sad but it is the true:sorry:

27 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

I can only add my screen shot from my video from a few weeks back near Walking Street....😳😱

IMG_5721.PNG

thats it. thats the sewer overflow. usually nothing coming out. my understanding is thats a pump station and the sewage is pumped to somewhere on the other side of sikumvit rd, but when the pumps cant keep up it overflows. basic water testing kits are actually quite cheap.  I'm surprised nobody is doing it and posting the results.

2 minutes ago, Muggi1968 said:

5 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

In Thailand you can fool all People ALL of the time.... sad but it is the true:sorry:

Your reply may be 'Right-on'................ But......ALL of the people Are not in Thailand............ Sorry....

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is why I never leave Soi 6 when I am in Pattaya.

the rest of the city is a polluted mess.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 person likes this