Thailand Forum
webfact

‘My Mate Nate’ Slammed For Flattening Coins On Train Tracks

webfact    24,350

‘My Mate Nate’ Slammed For Flattening Coins On Train Tracks

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

Screenshot-2552-696x392.jpg  

Nate Bartling points to a state train he will use to flatten coins. Image: Darkside Social / Facebook

BANGKOK — A recent video of controversial American YouTuber “My Mate Nate,” flattening coins on train tracks drew criticism Friday for the hazards it involved.

Footage of Nate Bartling, 23 – an American YouTuber with over 3 million subscribers who makes videos in Thai – in which he is seen trying to flatten coins by taping them to train tracks was criticized Friday by the state railway authority and Thai netizens for its hazardous nature. A police summon for Bartling for a previous YouTube stunt in which he is seen pitting his cat against a scorpion is also pending.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2017/07/14/mate-nate-slammed-flattening-coins-train-tracks/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-07-14
  • Like 2

Basil B    5,695
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

If he's using Thai coins, then he is lucky not to be arrested for deliberately destroying the image on the coin. He's not that stupid - he used foreign coins. The reaction that it's dangerous is rather ridiculous.. though if you search you'll find that in America there are kids aged about 8 or 9 doing this (equivalent to Thai age 18 to 29 perhaps).

I heard a story about someone who reacted, when a 500 baht note blew away, by chasing it down and stamping on it to stop it blowing any further. They got into a whole load of trouble for putting their foot on the head...

I think it could include any coin that bears an image of any royal, Thai or or other...

Stupid, I think of Loy Krathong  when kids will swim after the offerings to get the coins, the thought of a young child watching this idiot lay coins on the track and then tries to get them before the train rolls over them is too horrible to think about.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Tilacme    534

was criticized Friday by the state railway authority

in uk they would need to show intent to do harm to be criminal, will be interesting to see what the thai view is

• Like 2