Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
ruds

Thailand Golf Handicap

ruds    13

What are the options to get a golf handicap in Thailand ?

topt    1,027

Join either the Pattaya Sports Club, IPCG, Birdie or presumably any Thai golf club and input cards to generate a handicap.

I can comment on the Pattaya Sports Club as I use it - can independently input cards online, no checking of scores unless you are playing in an organised competition or with a group where the organiser inputs for you. Handicap based on USGA system. One off joining fee and then small annual fee which gives you discounted golf around Pattaya - you could just use it for the handicap of course.

IPGC - uses Congu system.

Birdie - see separate post from TV.

JAS21    1,391

Golf handicap Thailand ...yeah ... I know several Thais who have a 13 handicap, but seem to frequently play to 3 .......

topt    1,027
6 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Golf handicap Thailand ...yeah ... I know several Thais who have a 13 handicap, but seem to frequently play to 3 .......

Unfortunately not limited to Thais - look at any of the bigger competitions and check the winning scores - both individual and teams.

I have played in some Texas Scrambles around Pattaya,but only because it is a good price and our group is playing for the fun. Afterwards we just sit and laugh at the winning scores :biggrin:

JAS21    1,391
6 hours ago, topt said:

Unfortunately not limited to Thais - look at any of the bigger competitions and check the winning scores - both individual and teams.

I have played in some Texas Scrambles around Pattaya,but only because it is a good price and our group is playing for the fun. Afterwards we just sit and laugh at the winning scores :biggrin:

Actually sometimes the score is for real ...we used to play with Thailand Seniors ..Mrs J had a genuine 18 h/c ... we played the annual comp at Muang Ake a few years ago and she shot 12 over!! ...she actually won the lady prize ..but only by one shot ...... she has never got near that 12 over again.... I always feel sorry for my caddy as they seem to gamble on us at every hole ...big mistake!!

topt    1,027
6 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Actually sometimes the score is for real .

Emphasis on the sometimes unfortunately. More likely to happen in an individual comp - but it is when you see the same people with high 40s points score playing off mid-high teens handicap. Apparently happens a lot around Pattaya.