webfact

Phuket suspends parasailing following fatal accident to decipher new safety measures

30 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Here we go again, another knee jerk reaction.

Safety measures should have already been in place and properly implemented,  not thinking about it now, because a poor man is dead.

Amazing thailand 

1 person likes this

Is there any safety stuff in LOS, regardless of the subject matter...?

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Phuket parasail operators ‘asked’ to impose ban, face full safety review

“I want them to learn how to safely provide such services by undergoing training by Royal Army Region 4 on Monday,” he said.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-parasail-operators-asked-to-impose-ban-face-full-safety-review-63028.php#f2Gg4CL05luEMIPr.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-07-14

So... "a full safety review" has devolved into an optional one day safety course run by the army.... all good then.

2 people like this

If they have to decipher safety measures, new or existing, then they need to go back to the drawing board.

55 minutes ago, transam said:

Is there any safety stuff in LOS, regardless of the subject matter...?

None that they can decipher. 

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“I want them to learn how to safely provide such services by undergoing training by Royal Army Region 4 on Monday,” he said.

God help us all.

How about mandatory insurance policy?

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

How about mandatory insurance policy?

How about  mandatory sensible policies...:thumbsup:

Making fail safe changes means safer conditions for the public, means a price rise if nothing else, Industry members to meet and discuss an outcome, Hmmmmm same shit different day 

They should just make the customer sign a release form and be done with it. A release saying thailand is not responsible for youre safety.

You do this at youre own risk .

Just now, quadperfect said:

They should just make the customer sign a release form and be done with it. A release saying thailand is not responsible for youre safety.

Interestingly I believe there are no commercial parascending businesses in Australia because the cost of insurance is such that no business would be viable. 

1 hour ago, quadperfect said:

This may work here, but not in a litagatious society, as a waiver ( by whatever wording) means little without documentation of training, as the waiver knows not what he / she is waiving.

1 hour ago, perthperson said:

Interestingly I believe there are no commercial parascending businesses in Australia because the cost of insurance is such that no business would be viable. 

Interesting being from Perth ( WA I assume) you should be aware that there are parasail businesses happening all over Australia, including in Perth, as well as mandurah

A friend of mine that is at Kata beach every day for most of the day said parasails were back in action today after a 1 day break.  I was in Karon and they weren't operating there, but where the accident happened it's business as usual from what he says and there were plenty of punters lining up for rides.

14 hours ago, steelepulse said:

A friend of mine that is at Kata beach every day for most of the day said parasails were back in action today after a 1 day break.  I was in Karon and they weren't operating there, but where the accident happened it's business as usual from what he says and there were plenty of punters lining up for rides.

Yes wife was down at Kata beach late afternoon yesterday and confirms that they were in operation. I have a good view over Kata Beach and so far I have not noticed and parasails in the sky. Mind yu is was very windy and big surf this morning. Doubt they could operate in this weather.

Have to say it's most disappointing that the authorities stand by and say nothing - bigger fat envelopes.