glastoglen

UK settlement visa granted after on hold 3.5 months

22 hours ago, MarkGB said:

Thanks Mark, that's really useful, unlike some of the other diatribe seen elsewhere.  GL with yours.  I am praying she gets it this week.  My 4yo who is now here in UK with me (we flew ahead mid May) is regularly asking if he will ever see his mummy again. Heartbreaking.

To be fair, UKVI do say that settlement visa applicants should allow up to 60 days for their application to be processed.

Remember, though, that is working days, so, assuming no public holidays, 12 weeks or 84 actual days.

The latest figures for Bangkok show that they hit this target; but these are for decisions made in May. The new system was introduced in April. How many of those applications were submitted before the new system and so processed in Bangkok they don't say.

33 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

How many of those applications were submitted before the new system and so processed in Bangkok they don't say.

Forgot to add that 85% were processed within 30 days (6 weeks), and a proportion of these must have been submitted after the change in April and so sent to Sheffield.

Edited by 7by7

On 7/15/2017 at 4:22 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

I can assure you all ECOs are British! Support staff can be other nationals but not the ECOs who make the actual decision.

It may all be academic, as the word on the street is that the Embassy visa section is one of the several visa posts around the world that will be closed down next year.  The plan is, seemingly, to reduce the number of "hubs" (large visa posts) from around 20 to 10.  Something like that. That should be fun for the many thousands of visit visa applicants. 

It may all be academic, as the word on the street is that the Embassy visa section is one of the several visa posts around the world that will be closed down next year.  The plan is, seemingly, to reduce the number of "hubs" (large visa posts) from around 20 to 10.  Something like that. That should be fun for the many thousands of visit visa applicants. 

Yes, that is in the pipeline following the centralisation of non-visitor visas. The word I have that it's likely to take at least two years to implement.

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, that is in the pipeline following the centralisation of non-visitor visas. The word I have that it's likely to take at least two years to implement.

I understood that the visa section will be closed by mid-year 2018.  But if it is, then where will they do the visit visa applications ?  I don't think Sheffield will be able to cope with the numbers.  Maybe processing will be moved to another hub, possibly Abu Dhabi ?

20 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Indeed, and the whilst support staff can be Thai, they play no part in the decision making process.

Unfortunately that's not true at all - the support staff get to control and influence what the ECO see and base their decisions upon - maybe using a visa agent to ensure the Thai BE staff are properly paid off would work better ......

Unfortunately that's not true at all - the support staff get to control and influence what the ECO see and base their decisions upon - maybe using a visa agent to ensure the Thai BE staff are properly paid off would work better ......

I know quite a few Thais who work as assistants to ECOs in Bangkok and they don't complain about their salary. However most are looking at moving on as the writing is on the wall!

11 hours ago, sjl said:

Quite an allegation, I have to assume that you have inside knowledge or can otherwise substantiate that claim?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sjl said:

You sound like a certain notorious visa 'agent' who falsely claims to have influence over the ECOs!

All ballocks, of course.

People come here for meaningful advice, not the pony you have posted.

• Like 1