Thailand Forum
rooster59

Shamed into action by social media - Pattaya authorities and soldiers in hurried beach clean-up operation

Mad mick    77
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, champers said:

This activity needs to be done daily rather than once or twice a week. Also, the root cause needs proper attention, not just the symptons.

I find the number of plastic bottles that wash up on the beach, every day, mindboggling. Where the hell do they come from?

Noth

This activity needs to be done daily rather than once or twice a week. Also, the root cause needs proper attention, not just the symptons.

I find the number of plastic bottles that wash up on the beach, every day, mindboggling. Where the hell do they come from?

Nothing will change the whole country is a rubbish  tip " thais love thailand so they say " but trash goes out the window every second + + the vendors who use the beach to make money should clean the s_ _ te up daily " morning and evenings " criky Bali has been actively doing this since 70s. Not rocket science. 

Edited by Mad mick
  • Like 1

johng    3,302

There is a sewage treatment plant on "Soi Watt Boon" in Jomtien but it seems to be unused !
1500099571585.jpg

• Like 1

bkkgriz    567

A large number of the bottles and other junk that wash up on shore are from fishing boats. The crew just throws trash right into the same sea they make their living from. Lack of education is the biggest factor in many problems in Thailand.

• Like 1

johng    3,302

Also a while back someone posted a Google satellite image of a treatment plant/pump station at Bali-Hai on the corner of the road junction between walking street and the road going upto the flyover
I don't know if that one is in use either or even still there as they are building a large condo block
on that corner !

soalbundy    7,053

why bother, nobody goes to Pattaya to swim in the sea, adding a few STD clinics would be more useful

bbbbooboo    520

hmmm..... it might seem to be obvious..... but the beach is dirty because the water is dirty..... cleaning the beach won't clean the water..... but ......TIT( hair -tearing out noises)

• Like 1

Juan B Tong    462

Wow!  Beaches all raked and litter all picked up.  The dirt bag chair/umbrella scam are happy and ready to ugly up the beach.  Next clean up the water for the jet ski scammers. The parasailing boats are eager to churn the water for one way tourists.

Make me proud to be an expat here

• Like 1

Mad mick    77
Just now, Juan B Tong said:

Wow!  Beaches all raked and litter all picked up.  The dirt bag chair/umbrella scam are happy and ready to ugly up the beach.  Next clean up the water for the jet ski scammers. The parasailing boats are eager to churn the water for one way tourists.

Make me proud to be an expat here

Very good 5 5 5 

HOOD Robin    215
6 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

The only solution will be a cleaning facilitiy right at the beach since it's the lowest point in the Pattaya valley. 

If I may suggest a location: The corner of Beach Road and Soi 9 will suit quite fine. 

LOVE this one !!!!   :cheesy:  

hotchilli    488

If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, floats like a turd you can bet your last coin it is a turd.

Clean up the beach as much as you like, the waters got to be an open sespit

Swim in the ocean.. nah !

Keep videoing and posting eventually the powers to be might get the message & come up with a long term solution.. but not in my lifetime.

Stokakrishna    97

He blamed overflow from the drainage system released into the sea to save the city from flooding. He also blamed storms.

bad bad bad storms!!!!!  poor people

maximillian    709
4 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

over the last 10 years in pattaya i saw a gradual decline in western tourists. the internet has been around for quite a while yet and the use of sites such as trip adviser is increasing but it has not reach many people yet. chinese for example. dont believe the numbers TAT are reporting i believe tourism is on the way down in thailand. even last year the numbers of bus loads of chinese was reducing.

Hope you are right.

Looking at the ferries to Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, I have a different impression.

maximillian    709
2 hours ago, johng said:

There is a sewage treatment plant on "Soi Watt Boon" in Jomtien but it seems to be unused !
1500099571585.jpg

Maybe a donation from the European Union...

• Like 1

geisha    371

Friends of mine showed me a video of the filth spewing out into the sea at Jomtien.

taken from a higher floor on the beach View Talay it looked frightening. Needless to say I would never ever swim there, or in Pattaya.

tryasimight    510
7 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

pattaya is a victim of its own success and a lack of forward planning. the lack of septic treatment will limits its further growth. we are doomed to read this story over and over again in the future. for now it is nice to be able to go over to koh larn for a swim.

You come from New Zealand to Koh Larn for a swim??

That's dedication!!

• Like 1