Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

Poll: What should Phuket do about the deadly Patong Hill road?

11 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Do u think that hill is the only option to reach Patong?I will just go with my car to Kathu.

Good, send all the buses, trucks etc that way and on to Patong.

Ban them from the hill.

Enjoy the journey after that.

:smile:

Spend a little bit of the trillions made in Phuket & go ahead with the tunnel.

It should have been finished 15 years ago but the council are toooooooo miserable

Make the road from Hasip Pi to Wat Chalong usable.  It would remove most of the traffic going over the hill to Chalong/Rawai.  Travel time also be reduced.  Go to google maps and check the distance from Don's BBQ to Wat Chalong,  8 km vs 18 km.  You need to click on the option for walking to see the road over the Nakkerd Hills.

• Like 2

All trucks and buses using the hill should be made to have extra and more powerful amulets hanging in the drivers cabin.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, window said:

There has been a plan for sometime to mine a tunnel through the hill. doesn't seem to get past the plan stage.

Is that because the engineers (?) are still busy with the tunnel / underpass in Pattaya that is almost on schedule?

11 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Good, send all the buses, trucks etc that way and on to Patong.

Ban them from the hill.

Enjoy the journey after that.

:smile:

Nop they are banned going over the Kathu hill.They can reach patong via Kata and or Kamala.Try look on a phuket map first and  or maybe visit it Phuket in real before u place comments.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Nop they are banned going over the Kathu hill.They can reach patong via Kata and or Kamala.Try look on a phuket map first and  or maybe visit it Phuket in real before u place comments.

Wrong- they are only banned for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hours at night. Not that this is actually enforced. Maybe YOU should check things out before commenting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Psimbo said:

Wrong- they are only banned for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hours at night. Not that this is actually enforced. Maybe YOU should check things out before commenting.

U need to read all post before break in.He commented on my proposal to dig a tunnel and meanwhile ban the hill for all trucks busses and tuktuks.However he thinks Patong can only be reach via the Kathu hill and or the ocean duhhhh!!

There have been at least 3 or 4 expensive studies made on the tunnel. A good earner for the companies who undertake them. I think no matter how much money Patong Council make all major decisions such as tunnel construction comes from Central govt.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I used to live there but a long time ago, so maybe I am behind the times a bit. Nevertheless, something has to be done as it was happening then and it is still happening now... Call the hill what you want, but the press call it Patong hill I think, even if it is in Kathu district. You could go the long way round back then of course.

So what do you suggest? The only safe answer is a tunnel, as I have agreed with other posters.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I used to live there but a long time ago, so maybe I am behind the times a bit. Nevertheless, something has to be done as it was happening then and it is still happening now... Call the hill what you want, but the press call it Patong hill I think, even if it is in Kathu district. You could go the long way round back then of course.

So what do you suggest? The only safe answer is a tunnel, as I have agreed with other posters.

Yes tunnel is best..Then we call it Patong Tunnel.?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

U need to read all post before break in.He commented on my proposal to dig a tunnel and meanwhile ban the hill for all trucks busses and tuktuks.However he thinks Patong can only be reach via the Kathu hill and or the ocean duhhhh!!

Err- I did read your post and what you wrote was WRONG about buses - I take it engrish not yua firt langage!

I quote "Nop they are banned going over the Kathu hill." Pretty clear what you said.

if you want to insult people get your facts (and grammar) right.  

If you really believe a tunnel will ever be built I have some great swampland for sale as well,. 

On 7/15/2017 at 1:18 PM, schlog said:

All vehicles with less and more then 4 wheels must drive in the left lane.

the motorbikes would kill that plan; just too many of them

The biggest danger I see on that hill is the Patong City sign coming up from the Kathu side. The stone wall continues to lean outwards  more & more. It will be catastrophic when it goes which is only a matter of time unless something is done to shore it up.